Notices

Truck bed security

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:57 PM
mr_t
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Truck bed security

Does anyone lock down items in their truck bed? What do you use?

Old 04-12-2007, 04:25 PM
firemediceric
Senior User
Talking Schutzhund

A Rottweiler and a German Shepherd Dog.

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">Back when I had a very small lawn service, I had a problem more than once with people stealing equipment off of the trailer, even when it was locked and I was just around the corner of the building. They would cut the lock and be gone in a flash.

I put a BEWARE OF DOG sign on the trailer and began bringing my Rottweiler. I never had another thing stolen and she bit two bad guys. The first suffered a good bite to the leg and had the bolt cutters on the ground beside him when P.D. showed up. I had the dog do a "Bark ann Hold" drill on him the whole time we were waiting for P.D. It was great!

The second guy reached into the back of my truck while the dog was chained in there. He claimed he was trying to pet the dog. I told him that as soon as he reached in, he was feeding the dog. She tore his hand up pretty well.

In both cases Animal Control ruled them to be "Provoked" bites. It was nice to get back at the bad guys.

Got Schutzhund????? I do!! It's a beautiful thing.
</TD><!-- KEN: 1-13-2007: show 300x250 ad-block to non-Club FTE users in the 1st post of every page --><!-- / Ken, end of hack --></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message --><!-- no sigs except when logged in --><!-- sig -->

Old 04-13-2007, 02:18 PM
mr_t
New User
holy wow! yeah i bet thats intimidating.