Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Temp light sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:34 PM
goodie350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temp light sensor

So quite awhile ago on a trip my temp light came on. I know the sensor went bad and not overheating because it would come on just as soon as I started it in the morning. I got tired of seeing it driving back home that night so I just unplugged it and was going to deal with it when I got back and had some tools. Truck still ran good and got home no problems. Well of course I forgot about replacing it when I got home and hadn't seen any issues with it not being hooked up just running around town, unless it had something with the window motor going out. I know it has the two temp sensors but was just wondering if the temp light one controlled anything else or is it just a backup for the other? I rembmered I need to replace it still when I was thinking what needed to be changed/fixed for a up coming trip.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:54 PM
fonefiddy
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"That was me that posted the water pump plug is the best place for the coolant sender location. The large sender on the front of the drivers side head is the "check engine lite". When it sees 242 degrees it closes and peggs the dash gage and turns on the lite. The dash gage sender is located on the drivers side front of the block."

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16814