Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

89 side window install

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:59 AM
dblg
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89 side window install

Hi....i got a window from a 89 bronco and tried to use it to install on my 89 f-150 but when it goes up about 1/3rd of the way it gets very tight.And i also cant figure out how to get that nylon thing in the window track for the power window assy to work.Right now i have it pulled all the way up but would like to get it it function properly....i even took out the rubber gaskets and guides so it would move a lil more freely but is still tight.Do i need to take out the side window for something? Or is this glass improper....thanks so much for any help ive been searching the forums but cant find an answer.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Phillip Guidry
Posting Guru
You must loosen the vent window/main window rail as well as the lower rear rail and find a happy medium for the window to move up and down in. But first you must get that nylon roller in the channel......if i remember right...there is a relief in the channel so you can sneak the roller in with the regulator all the way down...or .....with the regulator down and the front and rear rails loosened...you can get the roller in track by tilting window. If that doesn't work...you'll obviously have to loosen the regulator from the door frame.
Phillip

Old 04-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 979 Likes on 773 Posts
How in blazes did you get the glass in there without taking out the vent window?

Here's what I suggest. Take the bolts out of he vent window assembly.. it will make life much easier. There are 2 small screws on the forward sloped part of the door under the rubber seal. There's also 1 bolt just below the vent window lock mechanism. Once these are removed, pull back on the top of the vent window and give it a 1/4 turn. Now you should be able to just slide the plastic block on the main window into the regulator track. Then push the vent window back in place and realign the track, and bolt it in place.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:49 AM
albung
Senior User
i got mine right in without removing my vent window loosened tracks and poped er right in

Old 04-03-2007, 07:05 PM
dblg
New User
Thanks for all the help guys....i took out the vent window(altho there were only 2 screws) and i was able to get the nylon guide into the track on the window easily but man is it still tight.I adjusted it as best i could and even took out the weather strip but it wont go up or down without manual help.Anyways good enough for now and thanks again!!!

DBLG