Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I sell it?

Old 04-16-2002, 10:23 AM
emboyd
Senior User
Should I sell it?

Well, I've been thinking a lot about my '84 Bronco. I'm sure you all can relate.

It's an XLT, w/ Reman'd 302 (4,000 miles), Rebuilt C-6, Edelbrock carb, A/C works, new 33X12.5's, and 165,000 on the clock.

The only thing that messes w/ me is the 9-10 MPG. I can't hang w/ this being my daily driver.

I paid $2400 for it last year. Have since replaced rear sway bushings and links, front steering linkages (except gear box, needed). Do you think I can get $2400 for it, still?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks...

Old 04-16-2002, 12:43 PM
scootin
Senior User
Should I sell it?

I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting rid of it. Might have a selected buyers market for it, but what doesn't. As long as your not chompin' at the bit to get rid of it, you'll find a buyer. Good luck.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:56 PM
AlM
Posting Guru
Should I sell it?

eric,
Your asking price looks good considering rebuilt engine, etc. and the fact that you're in JAX! Take a look at auto/truck trader on-line for what others are asking:
http://www.autotrader.com/

Old 04-16-2002, 02:08 PM
emboyd
Senior User
Should I sell it?

Thanks for the input, Fella's!

I've been checking Auto Trader and e-bay motors. It's difficult to get a good idea, in many cases, because a lot of the trucks my age are already fixed up and have more extras. I'm thinking of going the "Make Offer" route, just to see what I get.

We'll see. I enjoy my Bronco, it is a lot of fun to drive, so hopefully someone else will feel the same way.

Thanks...

Old 04-16-2002, 07:21 PM
restorit
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Should I sell it?

Eric:

Reading into your subject question, are you sure you want to sell it? I'm not trying to make a decision difficult, but if you've rebuilt the engine, have a solid rebuilt C6, and taken care of some other odds and ends, $2400 would be a good deal for someone. Why not yourself? Is the truck solid and in overall decent shape? I'm asking because it would make a cheap second vehicle. Even with 9-10 MPG, who cares if it's a backup. The truck has already depreciated down about as low as it's going to go, and the insurance can't be too bad.

I hear you, and I've been through the phase of wanting to get rid of mine. What I have decided, though, is to get a car for my primary driver. No real truck is ever going to get great gas mileage, but there are times you want one, or need a backup. All of my work on my truck stays with me, and I can qualify it as an investment of sorts, while cars can come and go as they pick up miles. In winter, the Bronco comes out to play and the car goes in the garage.

Anyhow, you may consider pulling the 33's for 30's or 31's, tweaking the carb, ignition, and exhaust, and maybe several other items that should get you a few extra MPG. If you still feel the need to let her go, it's understood. But, if it's not going to cost you that much to keep it around, and you do like a car as a daily driver, why not?

Just a few thoughts. Best of luck!

Old 04-16-2002, 09:12 PM
emboyd
Senior User
Should I sell it?

>Just a few thoughts. Best of luck!
>

Thanks for the advice, Mr. Restorit. It is such a challenging decision. I love having a truck, especially the Bronco. My wife and I have thought about a Mustang, but it just not as practical. Right now, we have 3 rides: 95 Sentra, 90 Miata, and 84 Bronco. Right now, the Miata is the "weekend" car. Of course, it gets better gas mileage, but a 6'1" dude such as me gets a little tired of squeezing in and out of it. (I love to go "topless" in the convertible, though.) So, it's a huge dilemna.

I'll keep praying about it and we'll see what comes up. I hate to say that I found a nice looking import 4x4 today on Autotrader. I know, I know...I'm a bad person. I didn't do it in front of the Bronco, though.

Thanks for the help, fellas!

Old 04-17-2002, 01:42 AM
okie65
Freshman User
Should I sell it?

I had a 1979 Bronco which I had purchased for $1700. Fixed it up and later sold it for $4000. I was tired of the bad gas mileage and thought I need something newer...........I've regreted it ever since and there's not a day that goes by when I only wish I had it back!! So think hard.

DB Johnson:-X23