Need Help Rebuilding A V-10!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 AM
mustangsally93
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Rebuilding A V-10!!!!

Need Help Rebuilding A V-10!!!!!

I have a 2000 Excursion V-10 that Ive never had one problem with and as I was towing my car to the track Sunday, it suddenly started knocking and dropped oil pressure and was barely running before I could get pulled over. It has about 80,000 miles on it. Im guessing the oil pump has gone out and the bearrings messed up now. Ive never taken a V-10 apart, but I figured since Im going to I would try and put the best parts back in to make it stronger?? Pull better?? Im a pro at the 5.0's in the Mustangs (we race 2) but this is a new beast. I have no clue where to start.
Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!! As far as where to start, how hard is it?? What can I put back in it to "beef" it up a little? How expensive are the parts and the best place to get them. (Im not having much luck finding any parts for a V-10)
Ive never been really impressed with the towing power but I used to own a powerstroke and had to go from that to the wifes Excursion for towing. (I got rid of the Powerstroke cause it had some major electrical problems).
We never really used the Excursion for towing until the last few months but Ive never heard anyone say theyve had a problem with them.
Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Danny lawsonchrisss@aol.com