Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Extended warranty ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:02 AM
dmcelhannon
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended warranty ???

After I purchase the 2001 F-250 can I also purchase an extended warranty for this truck? The truck has about 73,000 miles on it and is a one owner PSD.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 AM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by dmcelhannon
After I purchase the 2001 F-250 can I also purchase an extended warranty for this truck? The truck has about 73,000 miles on it and is a one owner PSD.
Probably, but the cost of the warranty can outweigh the cost of a few minor repairs. (I bet CPS is not covered, since its an 01 make sure mech diode in tranny is covered).

Old 03-22-2007, 06:58 AM
jeffthralls
Senior User
Talking extended warranty

I just recently bought a 2001 F250 PSD with an extended warranty. Look real close at what is covered and what isn't. The good ones will cover sensors, factory stereo,switchs ect.. But they normaly do not cover wear and tear items like brakes, clutch, tires and even wiring. I just had my CPS replaced. I could have done it myself, as Guzzle's site shows an depth look at doing so, but it was covered under that warranty. The Ford dealership charged $300, $190 for CPS alone. But it was covered with no deductible. There are good comprehensive warranties and there are bad(won't cover much) warranties. Shop around to get the one that will cover the most work for the least amount, they are out there. Look to spend $2000-$3000 for a long term warranty that will cover the most items. Most banks will finance with your loan to protect their investment. I had one I paid $1900 for on my 2000 Mountaineer and it paid for itself within two years on things like ball joints, rear wiper motor, turn signal switch, intake gasket failure, factory radio failure. If it is your daily driver and your not a wrencher, I recommend one. Good luck! Sorry for the long post!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:19 AM
dmcelhannon
New User
Thanks ... That's just what I needed to know.