Spring fever V10 style

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Post Spring fever V10 style

You may have noticed me bumping threads to the top

We are starting to get the "buy a new truck" and warm weather maintenance questions

If anyone else knows a great thread that the title is relevent and the posts have good poop in them--- then Bump them up so the new guys can find things easier on the top page

Now where the hell is Art hiding all the good "break in" threads?

a serching we will go ... a serching we will go

OH well, never mind me

carry on men

Old 03-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Break in thread...hmmm...here's a great article on it. I like stuff that debunks traditional thinking and can back up the "new" way of thinking.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Too bad we can't have a sticky up top. Don't know why they were done away with for the most part. One thread with links to all the "best of" threads would helpful even to us long time users here.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
moto man is talking about close tolerance professionally assembled motorcycle motors

I use and agree with many of his methods... I learned those techniques way back in 1969~71 racing Honda 4 cylinder 750s at Laguna Seca and Sears Point... with leaded gasoline by the way--- wink wink

My Harley V Twins get similar treatment after a racing weekend rebuild. They are run in very hard on a chassis dyno under very controled rpm and temp monitoring

Our non precision, low tensioned rings, in the ten hole 415 is a completely different animal and I do NOT RECOMMEND THIS HARSH PROCESS FOR THESE MOTORS

Of course Monsta and I alread had this argument years ago and he is just seeing if he can gety me to twist an ankle in these red pumps

Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 307 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Monsta
Too bad we can't have a sticky up top.
Let's not even go there

Fred, I have no problem with bumping stuff. No stickies means we HAVE to, to keep some of the information up near the top. So have at it!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by krewat
Let's not even go there
Why not? I've not heard the real reason why Ken (webmaster) has "outlawed" them even though I see one in the SD forum & the Excursion forum. There SHOULD be at least 1 here.