6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

2008 6.4 Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:32 PM
georges
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 6.4 Super Duty

I was at my dealer today getting my 2006 F350SD CC Lariat's washer pump replaced and my mechanic showed me a new 2008 F350 6.4. Beautiful truck. I really like some of the new features like the tail gate step and the front step bumper as well as the interior. One thing he did show me was a long checklist form that Ford makes you sign now when you buy a new 6.4PSD. The dealer keeps a copy and gives you a copy of the form when you buy. Basically the form list all the mods that will void your power train warranty, like tuners, after market exhaust systems and many other performance mods. It appears that Ford is finally fed up with paying for repairs caused by mods out of their control.

Has anyone else seen this.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:50 PM
18vtx00
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by georges
I was at my dealer today getting my 2006 F350SD CC Lariat's washer pump replaced and my mechanic showed me a new 2008 F350 6.4. Beautiful truck. I really like some of the new features like the tail gate step and the front step bumper as well as the interior. One thing he did show me was a long checklist form that Ford makes you sign now when you buy a new 6.4PSD. The dealer keeps a copy and gives you a copy of the form when you buy. Basically the form list all the mods that will void your power train warranty, like tuners, after market exhaust systems and many other performance mods. It appears that Ford is finally fed up with paying for repairs caused by mods out of their control.

Has anyone else seen this.
you should post in the 6.4L forum-but the check list they showed you does not say no tuners or aftermarket parts.
it states when to do typical maitenance and if you add an aftermarket product it could void you powertrain warranty but it would have to be the causual part of failure. I am a tech and we all have the same papers.. it is nice to know you are allowed to put aftermarket products on your vehicle but if it causes a failure ford will not stand behind it. I thought this was a great idea.. finally it is in black and white when you get the vehicle.. and it is mostly IH that is tired of repeat failures that ford repairs when they feel their part is not at fault..this is why they are holding back engines as of now.