Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ITP in Trouble????

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 PM
micknaim
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ITP in Trouble????

First let me say this site rocks and ya'll have saved my truck twice one with a CPS promblem and then a fuel issue which I installed a hutch kit from ITP and with further reading I wanted to install a regulated fuel return system and on ITP's web site their not offering the kit anymore is this a liability reason? Just wanted to know what ya'll think. thanks!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 10:33 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 03-14-2007, 10:34 PM
John311t
Postmaster
IDK why its unavailable, maybe they just need to restock.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 PM
micknaim
New User
yeah I hope it is a stocking issue just when I read they had no E.T.A. of a reissue of kits made me think they were not going to sale them anymore!

Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
The kit is being updated for a number of reasons. The hose is being changed for Bio-Diesel compatibility reasons and the layout is being changed so it will allow a clean interchange of the Fuel Bowl Delete we are working on. TRUST ME, it IS coming back, better than ever!

Old 03-14-2007, 11:02 PM
RedDragon
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by ITPDiesel
... the layout is being changed so it will allow a clean interchange of the Fuel Bowl Delete we are working on....
Can you give more details on that? Are you coming out with a new kit to remove/relocate the fuel bowl?

Last edited by RedDragon; 03-14-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:04 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
will price be changing or stay the same, thanks

Old 03-15-2007, 12:11 AM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ITPDiesel
The kit is being updated for a number of reasons. The hose is being changed for Bio-Diesel compatibility reasons and the layout is being changed so it will allow a clean interchange of the Fuel Bowl Delete we are working on. TRUST ME, it IS coming back, better than ever!
Dennis I would also like to know info on this new kit. Will you be offering a partial update for those of us that already have the original kit? Thanks for the info. Tom

Old 03-15-2007, 12:57 AM
RedDragon
Mountain Pass
I was about to get the kit, but now I think I'll wait until the updated one is ready.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:09 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
I myself would order one at some point. However, I am very hesitatant because I don't know if I am going to get one of those BTS dual HPOPs.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
Below is my response to an e-mail from a customer that has been running Bio-Diesel with my current fuel system setup and also a few comments on the new setup, pasting it here was easier than retyping it all:

I tried for 2 years to find some Pushlok hose that the manufacturer would say would stand up to BD...but none of them will say that. I've got another customer running B100 for quite some time now with no apparent signs of problem, but that hose was never rated or intended for use with BD. When those kits were developed, BD wasn't a priority or concern, you almost never heard about it. In the last 1-2 years it's become very popular and it's forced us to look at how to make our kits compatible. My recommendation to you is to closely inspect your hoses and if they are currently OK, keep an eye on them. I have no history established with BD and those hoses, I can't tell you if or when they will fail, it's an unknown at this point.

I will have to put together an "update" kit for those with my old system once my new setup is complete. The problem is that it won't be just a hose swap. I've had to switch to S.S. Braided Teflon hose, which required changing everything to #6 fittings, which required changing fittings in the heads (can you see the trickle down working here). At the same time, I took a long hard look at the design, at the desires of my performance customers to eliminate the fuel bowl, at my desire for a super clean installation, etc. The new kit is laid out a bit differently in terms of hose routing. The regulator will stay in the same place, on the same bracket, but just about everything else is changing.

I have had a few customers call and order 5' lengths of hose to keep in their truck since those kits are serviceable if needed. Of course, it's the same hose as they have now, but it would keep them running if they needed to repair a leak, or would give them a little piece of mind if they decided to replace all of the hose periodically.
Please understand that the original kits were never intended for Bio-Diesel use and are not recommended for Bio-Diesel use.

Until everything is finalized and production parts are in the works, I don't want to say anything else about the new setup as things may change still. I had "Prototype #1" of my fuel bowl delete on my test engine yesterday and the machinist is already having to make changes for fitment. The timing of this has been tough because it's happening on the heels of trying to get my 6.0L fuel system kit to market (a very long project that was), so I've been keeping my machinist busy, and my hose guy, and the tubing bender, etc. It will all come together, it's just taking longer than I would like.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:08 PM
John7894
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dennis,

What hose are you using? I thought Parker had something that was Bio compliant. Aeroquip and Parker seem to be the 2 most popular hose brands down here in the offshore oilfield.

Thanks for the fast shipping on the in-tank kit I ordered yesterday.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
There are bio-diesel compatible hoses made, but they are not PUSHLOK compatible so I can't directly swap them into my existing kit. I've talked to Parker, Aeroquip and Goodyear personally and had my hose/fittings guy contact a few others. Basically I would need a pushlook hose that has a VITON inner tube (and outer too perferrably), but I was told by more than one of these manufacturers that it would be prohibitively expensive and not to expect it. This has forced me to move to S.S. Braided over Teflon.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm curious to see your new design. I know you always have top quality products. You've got me wondering how the new routing is going to be. Are you still going to be using solid steel lines in the areas by the turbo?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 PM
John7894
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Dennis. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: ITP in Trouble????