Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ats housing missing o ring

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 PM
redneckboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ats housing missing o ring

It says save the two orings but i only have one and it is where the housing conects to the manifold. Anyone know a part number for ford or the size of the big one

Last edited by redneckboy; 03-13-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:28 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You want to know if you can get an o-ring for the very large seal that mates the compressor housing to the backplate? Welcome to my world, they do not sell it. I had to Permatex it all three times now that i have had the compressor housing off since i rebuilt it. Once when i did the rebuild because i ripped the o-ring. Then again in-truck to install the ATS housing. Then just last weekend to install the stock compressor wheel back in ( Love it BTW ). THis last time i spent a half hour wirewheeling the permatex out of the grooves for the compressor and backplate. Let it cure overnight.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:42 PM
redneckboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finnally found mine it was on there but sure didnt look black to me it looks that silver could be the light but the only way i found it was i felt on the wall. Thanks for the help i was about to go by the stuff to make a seal.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:58 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you found it, but as you can see it would have not been an issue if you didn't have it.

Off topic, but Kris, you said you're loving the stock wheel. What differences have you noticed from the WW? Anything besides a noise change?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jtharvey
Glad you found it, but as you can see it would have not been an issue if you didn't have it.

Off topic, but Kris, you said you're loving the stock wheel. What differences have you noticed from the WW? Anything besides a noise change?

It feels like it spools somewhat faster, it just may be me. I havent driven but 15 minutes to the ATM right after i installed it, and i managed to blow one of my poorly-installed IC boots at only 20psi and then thud i let out of course. I stopped and readjusted its fine now. Ive only driven to school and back twice now with it, and so far i've only noticed a sound change, for the better. It HOWLS now instead of the obnoxious whistle. I like it. But, i am afraid to get "on it" ever again until i get this transmission situation remedied, it once again feels like a three-legged retarded dog trying to run on ice.

I did have an exhaust leak, the passenger donut was leaking like a mad dog. so i pulled that off and replaced both seals. I havent gotten over 20psi since install and with the TC locked in 2nd gear 2500 rpm trying to get a WOT run in (simulating a dyno run in 2nd i guess) , all it would do is feel like i was in neutral, and just rev out. Scary stuff. Wish i had a stick.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:32 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been following that thread on changing to a manual. Seems you're stuck between what you want for more money and extra work, and what is most practical (BTS) for you right now.

Keep me updated on what other differences you notice with that wheel.