1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Truck towed, have to go now

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:58 PM
ruppertsf250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck towed, have to go now

I had to say goodbye to my truck the other day. The City of Reno came and towed it away. And I don't have the money to get it back. I even had a temp in the window, but it turns out that some how I ended up with a temp for another vehicle. And that is the one given to me by DMV. Be sure to check all your paper work from DMV. When I took it back, they were like, I don't know were you got that from, but we didn't give it to you . When I got back from DMV with a 3 day, my truck was gone. Towed away . Well, if anybody is in the reno area, It will be going up for auction around mid March. Its complete and if you pour some gas in the carb it will start and idle. But when you give some gas, it pops and dies. And when its running, you can hear like a light popping noise coming from the carb. I rebuild the carb, but may not have got it dialed right. I think the carb was beyond rebuilding as there was some slop in the primary shaft. I think its possible that it jumped time as well. But I decided to try rebuilding the carb first since it was running pig rich and would run without smoking real bad when the choke was closed. Least I was able to at least fix that problem, choke actually worked and it didn't smoke like it was running rich anymore.

Long story short, I probably won't be around much now, as I don't have any other Fords. Thanks for all your help.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:31 AM
82F1507.5
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Somebody complained, you can count on that.
I have vehicles parked at my shop that have not (legally) been on the road for over a year. I keep them clean, tires aired up, (out of state) license plate attached to keep up appearances. I move my vehicles at least once a month to appear that they just don't sit in the same place all the time.

In the future, never leave a vehicle "parked" that looks abandon. If someone throws an egg on it, clean it off. If a tire starts to go flat, air it up. Never allow trash or parts in plain view inside or around the vehicle. If it is a truck, make sure NOTHING is in the bed or make sure it has a tonneau cover.

You can buy out of state license plates on eBay for pennies plus shipping especially if you don't need one in pristine condition. Many states no longer use registration tag stickers on the plates, so a front tag on the back of a vehicle works just fine. I use out of state plates because I peel off the vehicle registration and inspection stickers from the windshield if they have one or both. That is a dead give away the vehicle is inoperative. Not all states have windshield stickers...so take them off.

If I have a rusty parts car sitting until I can strip it, I will put a New York license plate on it, if it is a clean older car, I will put a California (Texas.. if I lived in California..LOL) license plate on it. Unless your neighbors or local police are very savvy or just plain nosy, they will overlook a vehicle like that, as long as it does not appear abandon, or is not leaking fluids on the ground.

Never park an illegal (unregistered) vehicle on a public street or in a public parking lot. That is how impound services make easy money.

You don't need to own a Ford Truck to use this forum. Your "enthusiasm" is quite enough!

Last edited by 82F1507.5; 03-11-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:41 AM
77monster
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my county has a local ordance that overrules the state ordance. if its for compatition use then it may sit there untouched for basically ever. so in otherwords if its say a parts car just paint a big number on the side and call it a derbby car. if it looks good but not running just tell them your setting it up and havent gotten around it yet. its great. i can leave crap in and around my yard when and whereever i want