Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Where do I get fuel lines on the block?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
mongo75
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where do I get fuel lines on the block?

I am pondering some preventative maintenance- on my engine the fuel lines from the filter to the heads are both corroded (east coast truck) and I'd like to replace them. Where do you go to get hard to find parts like that without (hopefully) getting overcharged?

Old 03-08-2007, 03:34 PM
clintbonnie
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would try International Parts dealers..

Old 03-08-2007, 05:17 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
got fuel lines from the quick connects down by the front tire up to the fuel bowl from bob at diesel site..give him a yell..<!-- KEN: 1-13-2007: show 300x250 ad-block to non-Club FTE users in the 1st post of every page --><!-- / Ken, end of hack --><!-- / message --><!-- no sigs except when logged in --><!-- sig -->

Old 03-08-2007, 05:25 PM
goin4bro
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a great time to do the "Kwik" fuel return mods. Do some searches to read up on the mods, but basically you would ditch the two hard lines you seem to be interested in replacing and run a new system using injection system rated 1/4" rubber hose. The Kwik air bleed return system basically runs from the filter bowl to the rear of each of the heads. The motor sits at a slight incline, so if there is any air in the heads, it will tend to migrate to the front of the motor. Run new lines from the front of the heads to a brass tee and install a small (0.004" to maybe 0.008") oriface to allow the return fuel pressure to push any air out the heads & thru the oriface. This oriface is then tee'ed into your fuel return line back to the tank (somewhere after the pressure regulator on the side of the filter bowl). Your motor will run quieter since the injectors aren't having to deal with air issues. (Notice that the stock configuration forces air out thru the injectors.) These parts can all be had at McMaster-Carr (online) and the overall job takes a few hours as the fuel ports in the back of the heads are rather difficult to get to.

Good luck & don't hesitate to ask for help!