Sponsored by:

front axle seal leaking

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 01:45 AM
tothfngclw
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front axle seal leaking

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 31-Aug-02 AT 02:59 AM (EST)]The right front axle seal is leaking on my 91. Any idea's on cost to get this repaired. Should I just go ahead and have both sides done. Thanks for the input. Just want to add for all those who keep suggesting to do it yourself. I am an 8 year Navy vet, my job classification was Engineman. So I have worked on diesels, hydraulics, I have an unlimited epa refrigeration cert, have been through A/C and refrigeration school, have worked on A/C units upto 150 tons and could go on and on about all the stuff I learned there I used to be big into Fox body Mustangs and have owned 3 an 86, 88, 89 and could pretty much rebuild them in my sleep. It all sounds good until you go looking for a house and you say all I want is a big garage with heat and 220 in it, and you end up with a 20X40 inground, heated swimming pool with cabana, finished basement, just the most darling open kitchen area and a damn 1 1/2 car attached garage thats half filled with kids crap and assorted other garbage that women acumulate that you have to get out every night and pull the mirrors in on your Bronco just to get the damn thing through the door (at least she let's me keep it in there) so you see I just don't have the space to really do much with it. So I work a little over time, pay to get the stuff done and look at my wifes smiling face as I go off to work as they all get ready to go swim in the pool.

Old 08-31-2002, 10:21 PM
200tq
Junior User
front axle seal leaking

Cost could vary widely from maybe $75 per side to $300 per side if they try to talk you into new ball joints, wheel bearings or brakes. I assume you're talking about the wb hub seal?

Do it yourself

Sorry to hear you have to compromise so much, I'd put the shop as priority #1 above all else. Thanx for posting tho, makes me appreciate a cool girlfriend and no kids.

Old 09-01-2002, 06:39 PM
tothfngclw
Senior User
front axle seal leaking

They're all good until you say I do. Still paying the first 1 600.00 a month for another 10 years. I pretty much learned to just go easy the 2nd time around. LOL

Old 09-01-2002, 11:17 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
front axle seal leaking