Sponsored by:

Steering Dampner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Zorbungi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering Dampner

Can anyone recommend a good steering dampner and tell me how to install it on an 89 Bronco 4x4. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 09-09-2002, 07:17 PM
bronco cam
Senior User
Steering Dampner

If your talking about a steering stabalizer you can get a aftermarket one from rancho that comes with instalation instructions. I have put a couple of these on and they are pretty easy.

96 Ford Bronco

Old 09-10-2002, 08:30 AM
1rocket
Freshman User
Steering Dampner

Did you install that rancho steering dampner on your 96 Bronco?

How different was it afterwards? What was different about how it steered on the street? My 96 doesn't see much off road use. I have wondered about those.

Anybody got any comments about how rancho shocks perform on the street? Do they give a firmer ride than stock? Is it too harsh a ride on the street?

Rob

1996 Ford Bronco, 5.8L:
-Done:Hypertech III,Powerstat, K&N FIPK,cooler TBody bypass,Mac equal length headers, Gibson cat-back, Taylor wires, Urethane bushings, BF Goodrich TA's, Roadmaster active suspension, Nozzle lights, Euro taillights
-ToDo: MSD Coil, Hypertech cap & rotor, Edelbrock performer intake manifold & 56 Tbody, Granetelli MAF

Old 09-10-2002, 04:17 PM
bronco cam
Senior User
Steering Dampner

I have not put a stabalizer on my bronco yet. I just put a 6 inch lift on and am currently putting in interior and adding performance upgrades to the engine(351). My stabalizer will be put on soon. I have had several fords,and my last truck was a 94 ford f250 with 38 inch swampers. I had duel stabalizers on this truck that I installed myself. I had a 90 ford f150 that ran 35 inch bfgs and had a single stabalizer. Do I think they help ? yes,if you are running a larger tire it does help with steering control. The double stabalizer I had on the ford with 38s was probably overkill i am sure a single would have been fine but the double also looked good As for as shockes go there are several brands to choose from I just happen to use rancho for my example. It realy depends how much you offroading you do and what type. If your going to lift your bronco I would wait to buy shocks untill it is lifted because what you buy now will not fit

Old 09-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Zorbungi
New User
Steering Dampner

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Sep-02 AT 08:12 PM (EST)]I live on the East Coast. I keep hearing the name Rancho mentioned. Is that a West Coast parts place (California)? Where are they located By the way I have an 89 Bronco with a 4" body lift and 33x12.50x15's on it I really appreciate all the ideas everyone has given me. Thanks!!!

Old 09-10-2002, 07:19 PM
bronco cam
Senior User
Steering Dampner

Rancho should be avaliable everywhere. I was in New Jeresey for about a month (my job took me there) and I saw lots of trucks with rancho lifts. I live in Oregon and offroading is very popular.There are all kinds of companies that supply liftkits and offroad parts.Check out 4wheel parts wholesalers on the web and you will get lots of ideas. They stock rancho lifts and shocks.

96 Ford Bronco 351

Old 09-10-2002, 07:23 PM
bronco cam
Senior User
Steering Dampner