Sponsored by:

power pulleys!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 03:07 AM
bronco351
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power pulleys!!!!!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard of power pulleys (bigger pulleys). They are supposed to give you 10 horses 20 l.b feet of tourqe gain. Has anyone tried it. Do they work? Any negative effects? THANKS!!

Old 10-06-2002, 10:30 AM
1rocket
Freshman User
power pulleys!!!!!

Just installed set of ASP underdrive pulleys yesterday. Crank & Water Pump, w/new, shorter serpentine belt. Like most mods, nice slight gain in power. Easy to intall.

The issue is how long you plan on idleing with lights on, AC and high power stero on. At idle the volt meter drops to no charge, Normal driving it charges same as before. I've heard on other web sites you can idle in traffic for an hour or so before your battery craps out... I don't know. If your idling that long maybe turn engine off.. but in Atlanta or Miami in August it's hard to be without that AC!

I decided to try it for a while. I'll let you know if I decide to switch back due to batery problems. Power steering, AC, engine cooling all seeem unaffected. These accessories should in theory last longer because they are turning slower. That's not why I did it though... I wanted more power!.... and got some!

Rob

1996 Ford Bronco, 5.8L:
-Done:Hypertech III,Powerstat, K&N FIPK,cooler TBody bypass,Mac equal length headers, Gibson cat-back, Urethane bushings, BF Goodrich TA's, Roadmaster active suspension, Nozzle lights, Euro taillights,MSD Blaster Coil, MSD Cap & Rotor, Taylor spiral pro wires, ASP undredrive pullys
-ToDo: Edelbrock performer intake manifold & 56 Tbody, Granetelli MAF, maybe Kenne Ball supercharger instead!

Old 10-06-2002, 01:18 PM
ftrucktough
Senior User
power pulleys!!!!!

if the pulleys are gonna turn slower, they have to be bigger. if you want them all to turn slower with change on one pulley, you could make the crank pulley smaller. am i right or being dumb? Think about your bicycle. The rear sprocket, when it's bigger it turns slower but easier, and you need a LONGER chain (or in this case, a belt)

just my $.02

Old 10-06-2002, 04:52 PM
bronco cam
Senior User
power pulleys!!!!!