Join Chapter, Leader: Tim Young

Oysters

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clam Bake

Damn... You just made me very hungry. ARe you still game if we can plane a G2G on the island?

Old 02-25-2007, 08:39 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Placermike
Damn... You just made me very hungry. ARe you still game if we can plane a G2G on the island?
Thought I bowed out of that in another thread...I stick close to home.

Unless there was a get-together here to load up the 'ol truck and that could easily turn into a G2G. Two birds with one stone, and all that.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RexB
Thought I bowed out of that in another thread...I stick close to home.

Unless there was a get-together here to load up the 'ol truck and that could easily turn into a G2G. Two birds with one stone, and all that.
When I said 'Island', I was referring to your initial offer at your place...BBQ and all. Give some thought.

It is sometimes hard keeping track of what we post in some of threads, or which thread we posted a thought in...lol I try to keep track, but it is easy to get off topic in a thread.

Maybe we will get our thoughts and threads more organized and KISS (Keep it simple stupid)... Nah...We are Ford men, We put things together, then look for the manual to figure out why we have extra things!!! lmfao

Old 02-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Oysters and Jazz in Oysterville August 19th, next clam tides are in March. Go to FUNBEACH.com to stay up on the tides and that'll let you know. This also gives all the schedule for the year on salmon, sturgeon, halibut and all the local festivals and of course my favorite, The End of The World Rod Run by The Beach Barons Rod Club. I'm trying to be home for the Bluegrass Festivall the last weekend in March.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up Thanks Eric

Originally Posted by Eric C.
Oysters and Jazz in Oysterville August 19th, next clam tides are in March. Go to FUNBEACH.com to stay up on the tides and that'll let you know. This also gives all the schedule for the year on salmon, sturgeon, halibut and all the local festivals and of course my favorite, The End of The World Rod Run by The Beach Barons Rod Club. I'm trying to be home for the Bluegrass Festivall the last weekend in March.
This is great inside information. Please PM me about the Blugrass Festival!!!!!
I have a five string that Earl Schruggs sugessted I get when I was at the Fiddlers Convention in Galax,VA. Started playing it well, but have let it collect dust.

Back in Carolina I got to meet people like Doc Watson, Earl, David Allen Coe and a few others. Did not know who they were, but as I got older and educated, I learned that I was a very lucky man.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Clam Bake

I know this is an Oyster thread, but clams and all shellfish can be included in this post...Is anyone interested in doing an old fashioned 'Clam Bake'.

Not really a bake, but fun on the beach, steaming seafood.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Clams are 16-18. Do the clams then the oysters tht week end and let me know how it goes. I'll be stuck in Louisville Kentucky that weekend doing a tear out of a turbine.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thanks for the info, but you didn't give a location or area...lol

Old 03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Clams are available at any of the beach accesses on the Longbeach Peninsula. Clams are over on the other side of the peninsula just south of Oysterville. I don't know what's available up your way though.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Eric C.
Clams are available at any of the beach accesses on the Longbeach Peninsula. Clams are over on the other side of the peninsula just south of Oysterville. I don't know what's available up your way though.
Sounds like Flintergal and I need to make a trip...Actually we need to take a mini vacation....What campgrouds are available in the area?

Old 03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man u guys are killing me with the razor clams. I was raised on Kalaloch razor clams through the 50's and 60's. We got one beach here in Southeast that has Razors clams. And ya got to come in on the serf and launch in the serf. Ya can get in with a 172 or a Cub, but ya got ta know that this is an inlet with rock bluff 6 & 800 feet high on three sides. So I don't get many razors anymore.
Oysters? I ate Mud Bay oysters most of my life. And when I got up here a fiend of mine started a farm. Man I never knew what an oyster tasted like till I tried these. They don't call it Mud Bay for nothing. UGGGK.
Butter clams? Between Clallam Bay and Port Angelis. A little place called Pyst. I know I didn't spell that right but someone knows where I mean. Butter clams and oysters we got all ya can pack home. No limit. No restrictions

Old 03-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
There's several RV parks and one state park on the peninsula, here's a link through the area's web page http://funbeach.com/lodging/rvparks.html. This will also access the schedules for all the years activities. Bring your rubber boots and clam guns and have fun but make sure you have your reservations. If you're retired military or active duty Camp Rilea just on the Oregon side at Warrenton has places also, not much else though.

Last edited by Eric C.; 03-10-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thanks for the link Eric. I have been compiling all pertinent information from various threads with the hope of creating a very comprehensive directory for members.

Last edited by Placermike; 03-11-2007 at 12:33 AM.