Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:21 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5.0L making a comeback?

Just stumbled across this on the Ford website:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/autoshow...ceptorconcept/

...comes equipped with a manual six-speed gearbox mated to a Ford Racing 5.0-liter V-8 Cammer engine that delivers 400 horsepower...
Just a concept...but interesting nonetheless. Dunno about it being an "interceptor"...I dunno how well a six speed would hold up to inexperienced cops.

Just thought it was interesting...been a while since we've seen a production 5.0L in a new vehicle.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Red Star
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It should be available on new Boss 302.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:47 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speacking of the boss 302, ford brought back the boss 302 create motor for 07. The standard version is 345 hp and you can get stroked versions all the way up to 500 hp. It looks just like the original. I put a boss 302 create motor in a 70 maveric in 77, it had a ford 4-speed toploader and 9" 4:11 rearend. With just the stock boss with a set of headers propelled that car down the quarter in 12.90 with full interior. They were an awesome engine, it had the 4 bolt 302 block with 351 cleveland big port heads, it had the factory windage tray, solid lifter cam, dual point distributer and 780 holley. The new one has aluminum big port heads with screw in freeze plugs, looks just like the old one right down to the flat top valve covers. Thats the motor that should be put in the new boss mustang, it would have to efi instead of a carb. It shouldn't matter about the ohv's, cause chevy still uses ohv engines and they get through emissions. The article hinted that it will be used in the new boss stang, but others on the forums say no, cause it won't pass emissions. If I was a betting man, I would say it will, thats why ford brought it back. Also truck trend says the f-150 won't get the new huricane 6.2 v8, getting a diesel instead, however, the huricane will be showing up in the mustang SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,726 Likes on 1,325 Posts
The 5.0 is just going to be a bigger 4.6L. Nothing in relation to the old 5.0.

Like all concept vehicles...I'll wait until they are on the showroom floor before I pretend to be exited. 90% or more of concepts dont even make it to production.