Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?'s about 78/9's

Old 01-15-2003, 10:47 AM
hawkrod
Elder User
?'s about 78/9's

hi guys, i usually hang over in the 73-79 forum but i was out scrounging in a wrecker and found 3 78/9 broncos. one has a spare tire carrier on the back and all 3 have bucket seats (one is captains chairs). how rare are these options? he wants good money for the stuff but i am curious about the going rate. also are the seat brackets desireable? the seats are pretty much cores but i was thinking the brackets could be used to mount just about any bucket seat. i may have rambled a little so here are my question; how much are stock seat brackets worth, how much is a spare carrier worth, and how much would a pair of core buckets be worth? thanks, hawkrod

Old 01-16-2003, 08:43 PM
hawkrod
Elder User
?'s about 78/9's

is it just me or did it get really quiet in here? LOL anybody want to take a stab? thank again, hawkrod

Old 01-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Fordzzzz77
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
?'s about 78/9's

Well Hawk I guess it is pretty quiet here but I will try, My wife has a 79 with the split bench and the rear tire rack on her's. All the 78 and 79's I have seen mostly have the bench seat's, I have only seen two with the buckets. As far as the rails I heard that you can use the 80's type buckets with them if your old bucket's are shot. Im not sure about the tire rack being a standard option but I seen alot of 78/79 Bronco's without them. I would pic up the rear tire rack if it's in good shape, most of them are pretty beat up. The bracket that hold the tire rack on might give you a hard time because the bolts get frozed up due to rust on the back side. You also might want to pick up those 2 tail gate jam studs for spares.

77 F250 Highboy 4X4
"The Money Pit"

"If it wasn't for Chevy's my tools would rust"
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displaythumbnail.php?&photoid=10344&.jpg

Old 01-19-2003, 07:40 PM
hawkrod
Elder User
?'s about 78/9's

thanks for the reply. i bought one set of bucket seat brackets and am going to try them in my super cab. i know they won't fit in a regular cab because the floor is different but they sure look like they will fit the supercab though (i will be trying it next week and i already got some nice 1988 seats). i also grabbed the spare tire carrier and all the bolts came out fine (we don't have rust here!). i was going to use the carrier on my truck but realized i can not open the shell from the inside if i did so i put it on e-bay. thanks, hawkrod

Old 01-19-2003, 09:35 PM
hillbillyk
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
?'s about 78/9's

Are there any rust free 78 or 79 bronco bodies out there, I could really use a dent free, rust free body, doors and a tailgate would also be a great plus, I need one for my 79 which is kinda rough, a whole rolling truck would be ok also, but am only worried about the body, the upper trim with the black insert is a plus, but no trim is ok. How much would something like this go for, I am in Maryland and would have to figure out how to get it shipped, but would be well worth it instead of trying to fix all my rusty places. thanks for any info,
Bill

Old 01-19-2003, 10:04 PM
hawkrod
Elder User
?'s about 78/9's

well, the parts are definitely here. i know of a body that is good except they dented the front bottom of the left qtr when they picked it up with the forklift and it would only be 134.00 for the body BUT it is a self service wrecker and you have to go get it yourself. the way it works out here is the vehicles come in and once they clear DMV they go into the yard for 2-3 weeks and then they get crushed. you can not call the yards as they will not give you any info on the phone. you have to go there and pay two dollars and then go see what they have. the people who work the windows do not usually even know what the parts are and they have no idea what kind of cars are in the yards. the other yard where i got the parts picked all three up by the roof through the windshield to stack them so the bodies are trash now. bronco's are rare here also but i now have access to 4 (3 in one yard and one at the self serve) and will get what i can before they are gone but they get picked over pretty fast. hawkrod

Old 01-19-2003, 10:58 PM
fcarruth
Elder User
?'s about 78/9's

Don't know how my name got chosen as the thread starter because I don't know anything about the 78-79's.

Oh well, must be a glitch.

Old 01-20-2003, 12:59 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
?'s about 78/9's

It is because the top post is actually from your other thread.

It seems that unanswered threads are getting placed inside others.