1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Water in Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:02 PM
mmanlove
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Water in Fuel

I have a 1997 F-250 4X4 with a 7.3L TD. The "Water In Fuel" light keeps comming on. I put water remover in the tanks and removed the fuel filter to check for water and didn't find any. Is there a drain or where is the sensor or is there something else i need to look for?

Thanks

Old 01-26-2007, 07:29 PM
jboard
Elder User
You need to drain your fuel/water separator. Its on the canister that contains your fuel filter theres a little yellow lever that you flip to the side and it will drain. Make sure your not in the garage cause fuel will get on the floor. thsi should be dont at every fillup to be sure no water get in ur system.
------------------Jeremy

Old 01-26-2007, 07:33 PM
plowhand
Playing in the Dirt
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When looking at the fuel filter housing from the front of the truck, there will be a small yellow lever on the front left of the fuel filter housing. This is the water drain. When you move the lever towards the passengers fender it opens the drain. Either have a large pan under the truck or put a piece of rubber hose on the end of the metal drain tube (which is located on the passengers side of the block a little above the center of the crank) and run the hose into a pan. You may have to crack open the fuel filter housing cover for it to start draining.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:22 AM
mmanlove
New User
Thank you for the info.