1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Cold board-same question any help appreciated!!!!

Old 04-02-2000, 02:01 PM
Crusher
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, this board is ice. Not to offend but, 8 people have check out my post on "how much is it worth" and not one response. Not even a clue or directions to someone who knows. The Chevy boards would be all over it!

Old 04-02-2000, 02:33 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts

Crusher, you haven't rec'd any guesses because it depends on several factors. Where you are located is the biggest variable - where I am a rig like that is still used as a daily driver and would be lucky to draw a price of $500. Other places it might be worth 2K or more. You'll just have to ask locally and price accordingly. The other best bet is to look around at all the classified websites for similar trucks in similar condition and advertise here. The cold hard truth is any vehicle is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it. Price it, and if it sells in a day or two you were probably too low, and if it sits for months you're probably too high. Now on the Chebby board you might get lots of opinions but we both know what they're worth. Sorry I can't be more exact.....just the way it is.

Old 04-02-2000, 08:11 PM
Phillip Guidry
Posting Guru

I have the same delima right now,and, I'm lookin' to buy a Harley! In other areas of the states, the same bike I want to buy sells for up to 25% less then in my area ! By the time I pay for the shipping, well guess what ! It all depends on what you want to get for your ride,because, it is YOUR ride !
Phillip

Old 04-03-2000, 03:09 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

8 isn't very much. You'll usually find dozens of views per response. That's why its called a web
"browser." Most people browse, few interact. If the Chevy boards are using Ultimate BBS, you have no clue as to how many are viewing it. Besides, who really cares what the Chevy guys do (you didn't really expect a remark like that to go unchallenged)?

Pricing is way too dependant on variables to give an accurate price: location, milage, condition, originality, history, etc. Also, whether it's been turned into a ******* child with a 350. People can say what they want, but it does reduce the value.

Ken Payne
Admin

Old 04-03-2000, 07:20 PM
bmccl
Senior User

Very simple- Look in Hemmings, that will give a idea on the higher end of prices. Also look in local swap papers, other truck magazines, etc...
Everyone has thier own idea of what it's worth.

Old 04-03-2000, 08:40 PM
56F100
New User

Search this Thread