Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Vanner's

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 92 Likes on 87 Posts
Vanner's

Anyone here in TN that has a van and is interested in making it unique, standing out away from everyone else and hanging out with some the worlds best people, a group interested in the same thing. I'm not talking about a website, there are so many of those, I'm talking about meets, yet people driving their vans to picked destinations and having a Truckin. This is nothing like any of the truck or car groups, these guys actually meet throughout the year all over the globe, if I get up enough here in TN we will start having more here, there is already a club in Memphis, and one starting in Georgia. Many events are up noth, they are 5 days, setup on a huge location and camp out like nomads, there are some spots for electricity. Last year I went to Harisonburg Va, some guys from Finland came in, there were even others from Canada, and in the US as far as California. Vannin ain't dead, it's been going up north and overseas, some of the origional group have moved down south and have bugged out, if you're one of them, post up. The events aren't a small handfull like these truck boards produced, 300 were at the Nats, there was near 600 the year before, get your van and camping gear, lets hang out. I'd post up links to pictures, but some contain inapropriate things for young ones, those are the night time events for when the kids are away, there are games for them to keep them well entertained while there too.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen the Memphis Vanners anywhere. Do they have a website? Your about the only person I know that drives a van other than the people that use them for work. I drive a E250 at work.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:08 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 92 Likes on 87 Posts
Mitzy has noticed one while taking Michael to school, he has a customized van with a murial, long grey hair and a long ZZTop beard pulled together with a hair tie.
The Memphis group is Blues City Vanners, I can't recall his name right now, he found some old schoolers that moved to the area and had been out of the loop for a while, I'm hoping to do the same.