Nova Scotia Join Chapter, Leader:

Hey Fellow Newbies

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 08:01 PM
bigassbronco
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hey Fellow Newbies

Hey boys, my names Jimmy and i just joined this site, I'm from Stanley, NB, but i live in Northern California now, been here a couple years now, I'm almost done building my truck out here and let me tell ya she's a beast, Good thing about California is no snow, sand and salt, so i got a '79 bronco Ranger XLT with a perfect frame and body, i went ahead and rhino coated the undercarriage and frame anyway, then i put a Dana 80 in the rear with disc brakes, a dana 60 in the front also with disc brakes, For my motor i chose a 460efi, but i put in performance cams, rockers and lifters, added a juice box and performance chip to the computer, then a bigblock C6 4x4 tranny and a NP203 transfer case, next i installed some nickel plated custom bent headers and 3.5" flowmaster exhaust so she'd scream, then i jacked the body up on custom 6" lifts, and put 20" springs in the front with 2 gas shocks on either side and a huge leaf suspension in the back with 2 gas shocks on either side (think i might beef up the rear a bit more still) so i had about 26"s of lift to clear the 44" Groundhawgs wrapped around 8 bolt 16.5x12.5 polished aluminum rims, my steering was still a little stiff even though i added a high psi power steering pump so i added hydraulics so i can turn the 44's with one finger on the wheel, to keep her cool i put in an all aluminum radiator(3core) and an intercooler for the tranny, but i wasn't done yet, i added a internal roll cage(just in case) cut out the roof above the driver and passenger side seats and installed a t-top style dual moon roof with detachable glass, had some huge custom bumpers made with detachable lower bars(so it would be street legal and i can take them off when offroading) and just in case i bolted on a 9000lb ramsey winch with remote control, all thats left is to redo the interior, maybe add a turbocharger and Ox lockers, finish the sound system (all i've got is a crappy cd player, but i've got a sub box w/3 10"s in it) anyway i'll be coming back to the maritimes this summer for my buddy's wedding and wanted to know if there were any good mud runs happening, i was planning on driving the bronco back, gas is cheaper in Canada and the american dollar goes a little further, and it's been almost three years since i've been home, so all you ford fans in the Fredericton area let me know, we'll get some good ol Canadian brews and some mud and i'll be happy as ****, cheers jimmy

Old 12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Julien_79_F150
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to see pictures of this beast. I have a 79 F150 4x4 that I'm building, but its only getting 4" of lift for now. I also live in Fredericton. Can't wait to get out wheelin again!