Alabama Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Repairs in B'ham

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Question Repairs in B'ham

Being new to both Birmingham and my F250 PSD, I am searching for some references for the future.

I expect that I will someday need to take my truck into a shop for some type of repairs that I can't do on my own, and I prefer to be prepared for emergency cases like this, especially since I don't have an extra vehicle to spare when it happens.

So....

Can anyone offer me the names of really good, honest, reliable PSD mechanics or repair shops in Birmingham (Hoover area more specifically)? Like everyone else, I don't want to spend more than I have to, but am willing to pay good money for dependale repairs to honest people.

Again, I don't need the service right now, but I know that nothings lasts forever and want to be ready when the time comes.

Thanks ahead of time for all your input.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Pete, WW Williams here in Montgomery is excellent they have a B'ham location
http://www.wwwilliams.com/home/location.jsp

Old 12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Thanks...

... but by looking at their website, it appears that they are simply an equipment dsitributor. I called them and they only do repairs on the "big stuff" (detroit diesels, allison tranny's, etc.). So... they won't really be able to help me out if I get into a PSD bind.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They help me out here on occasion but I guess that is because they service our Fire Trucks. I would see if they can give you advice on a good B'ham area PSD Mech.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:51 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Thanks, Alan.

I had thought of that, but hadn't yet given them a call to pursue it. I'll do so today.

Thanks, too, Alan for your participation on this site. There have been several threads where your input and insight has been helpful to me already, and many others where I can see your experience and wisdom on PSD issues. I'm sure that many others are also grateful for your input. Have a great day.