Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I have a question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 07:36 PM
fxstbchopper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question?

Went to my sister-in-laws in Michigan this past week. The truck ran great but on the the way back today we stopped to eat lunch when we went back out to the truck and I went to put my son in the truck I noticed water dripping from the frame by the right front fender I checked it and it was just water but it seemed to be coming from the engine bay. My question is does the water separator open on its own or does it have to be opened I checked the next stop and it was not dripping and there was no sign of it having ever dripped.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was likely just the A/C dripping off condensation. Mine does it just about every time the A/C has been working (whether that be running A/C for cold air, or using a defrost setting, as the A/C runs on defrost settings, too).

Old 11-26-2006, 07:49 PM
JOE-M
Elder User
Sounds like condensation from the A/C, defroster, etc. All the settings on the air (except floor heat and vent) make the compressor run. The water in fuel doesn't drain by itself.
Joe
p.s. Ryan types faster than I can. He must use more than 1 finger.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:53 PM
fxstbchopper
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by ryaneverk2
It was likely just the A/C dripping off condensation. Mine does it just about every time the A/C has been working (whether that be running A/C for cold air, or using a defrost setting, as the A/C runs on defrost settings, too).
That is it I did not even think about that I had the dial set to defrost the whole time.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Save fuel and wear on the A/C compressor whenever you can by using the vent setting whenever you can.