1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

condensor in front of radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 05:54 PM
hirschi
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am about to purchase a condensor coil so I can install the A/C on my '59. I had to get the radiator built and it is now a 4 row. My question is this. After looking at the radiator slot and the space between it and the cross bar support for the grill....Is there enough room for a condensor to slide between the two. It looks like there would be only about 1/2 " left. My problem is that I'm not able to install the radiator yet to actually see. The condensor kit said 50 something to early 70's but is nearly an inch thick. Does anyone else have A/C, and how did it work out?

THanks-

James

Old 05-17-2002, 03:52 PM
winfordr
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put air on my 54, but I installed a 92 Mustang radiator, so had a little more room for the condensor. You will have to be innovative. You may need to move your radiator a little closer to the engine and go with an electric fan. I have an electric fan for the engine and another one in front of the condensor.

Winford

Old 05-17-2002, 05:23 PM
hirschi
Senior User

Thank you very much.

I finally got the fenders semi-mounted last night and it looks like I'm gonna have to go with a shorter fan spacer and do some shroud re-work to make room for everything after I put spacers on the radiator mounting bolts. But I think it's going to work. I'm hoping to haul a little tail and even get it started this weekend. It'll be over a year since my baby has seen the day light. I'm getting a little emotional here.

Can't wait to try out the new motor along with the power steering and disc brakes.

Thanks again for your input,

James

Old 05-17-2002, 06:36 PM
onewaymike
Junior User