Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

53 ford engine swap

Old 07-31-2002, 03:49 PM
voda1
New User
voda1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
53 ford engine swap

more questions. now i have come across a lincoln with a 4.9 liter motor and i belive a aod trans. has anyone pulled off this swap in a 53 f100? what mounts can i use. what exhaust to use. is it really that hard to use an aod trans? ( ive heard so) i have access to complete car. ie wiring motor trans etc...
any help would be great. ive never messed wiht fuel injection before
thanks

Old 07-31-2002, 10:27 PM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
truckfarmer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Post 53 ford engine swap

not sure which engine you are referring to but if you leave the engine and trans together, the kickdown will already be set. That is the only tricky part to an AOD. There are no computers or vacuum lines to hook up to the trans.

Old 08-01-2002, 06:14 AM
Earl
Postmaster
Earl has a good reputation on FTE.Earl has a good reputation on FTE.Earl has a good reputation on FTE.
53 ford engine swap

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.