Sponsored by: DP Tuner

What I did on my vacation.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:47 PM
dadsgreenpsd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile What I did on my vacation.

I just wanted to post, and say I had a good, uneventful trip from Maine to Georgia and back last week. Probably no one remembers my last trip. Lost a HPOP, and 3 trailer tires. This trip, no trailer, good weather, excellent running, averaged about 19 mpg at about 70mph with no breakdowns. I know, this isn't big news, but i haven't posted in over two weeks, and I want to get rid of the message at the top of the screen.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:49 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's good to hear. Were you just hauling people or some load but no trailer? I DO remember the other trip you had, the three tires stuck out in my mind... That mileage is excellent.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:11 PM
dadsgreenpsd
Senior User
On the way down to GA, I just had my son with me, and on the way back, my son, my mother, and about 1K or so in the bed. Level with the top of the bed, with a tarp over it. I was pretty nervous about this trip. I just replaced my 6spd tranny, a rear spring (and tore some muscles in my back in the process), and replaced a couple of tires. In the for what it's worth department, i had wrangler silent armors on it, and was just going to replace two, and put the new ones on the front. Well, they were not available, so i put on two wrangler ATD2's in the front. Guess what; no more wandering, no more following grooves in the road, no more pulling toward the semi as I passed it. What's up with that? I thought my ball joints were bad or something. At just past 100K on the truck, this has been an expensive year for the truck. It was a great trip, with nothing going wrong. What a relief! Good weather, good traveling. I did miss the exit for 77N in North Carolina, but I just went to Roanoke, and took 64 back to 81N. Oh, well. As my son said; " People need to miss their exit more often."

Old 11-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by dadsgreenpsd
i had wrangler silent armors on it, and was just going to replace two, and put the new ones on the front. Well, they were not available, so i put on two wrangler ATD2's in the front. Guess what; no more wandering, no more following grooves in the road, no more pulling toward the semi as I passed it. What's up with that? I thought my ball joints were bad or something. "
That is real interesting info. I need to write that down so I don't get those. Glad the trip was better. Nothing worse than having no confidence in your vehicle. Well, there is, no confidence in your weapon is worse.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:10 PM
dadsgreenpsd
Senior User
I did bring back a model 700 .243, and an m77 .250-3000 savage. I have several meatsicles wandering around my garden. Mmmmmm..... Tenderloin!

Old 11-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
I heard that. Giddyup.

Moose by any chance?