Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Low power, missing

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 06:55 AM
ScottInTexas
Give me coffee - Or beer!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Low power, missing

I have looked through the threads and there are similar but not the same problems mentioned. After starting and backing out of the driveway with no problems I get about two blocks away and the truck runs rough, there is a significant drop in power and if pushed I get a lot of white smoke. If I just sit and let the truck idle for a few minutes it seems to clear up.

I thought it might be because it is cold, but we get very wamr cold weather here and it is happening when the outside temp is 80 or more. I dont even know if the truck has a block heater (which I will look for today). This truck is new to me and so are diesels.

There is a Banks Power Pack installed. The truck has about 80K on it.

Where should I begin to troubleshoot?

Thanks

Old 11-11-2006, 07:01 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ScottInTexas
I have looked through the threads and there are similar but not the same problems mentioned. After starting and backing out of the driveway with no problems I get about two blocks away and the truck runs rough, there is a significant drop in power and if pushed I get a lot of white smoke. If I just sit and let the truck idle for a few minutes it seems to clear up.

I thought it might be because it is cold, but we get very wamr cold weather here and it is happening when the outside temp is 80 or more. I dont even know if the truck has a block heater (which I will look for today). This truck is new to me and so are diesels.

There is a Banks Power Pack installed. The truck has about 80K on it.

Where should I begin to troubleshoot?

Thanks

there is a ebpv that closes in your exhaust syastem to help warm your power stoke up fasrter...when the coolent temp comes up it opens..its a normale thing..just let your truck warm up a bit b4 you go

Old 11-11-2006, 10:15 AM
ScottInTexas
Give me coffee - Or beer!

Thanks for the response. I'll keep an eye on it and let it warm up longer b4 driving.