Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Horse Power????

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 06:54 PM
svtspeeder
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horse Power????

I Am Planning On Buying Some Long Tubed Headers..how Much Hp Should I Expect To Gain..and I Already Have Full Exhaust So What Should I Expect For Loudnes A Lot More Or No

Old 11-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Believe it or not, you won't see a huge increase in HP. Unlike a 5.0 Mustang, adding long tubes to the Lightning just doesn't "wake up the engine", like it does to the Mustang. That's because the stock exhaust on the Gen 2 Lightnings breath pretty well in stock form, and it isn't until you are generating quite a bit of HP over stock that you see more than an incidental increase in performance with the addition of long tubes.

As for sound, you'll have a marked tone difference. Long tubes produce a deeper, more robust sound. Volume will increase also, especially if you choose a no-cat setup, straight back to the mufflers.

Stewart

Last edited by S_Harvey; 11-10-2006 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 PM
pronstar
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x2

Long tubes show advantages once you are making about 500hp or more...below that point, they don't show significant gains, especially since they are a PITA to install.

But the bling factor does increase.