Notices

confused about remote start

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
skilife17
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
confused about remote start

I decided to order a new remote for my truck in hopes of solving the this problem of my remote since it died. When looking on the site I looked up the model brain I have and it said 712T by directed electronics. What is confusing me is that on the site I found the brain it said it is just a keyless entry module, but I have remote start w/ keyless entry. Could there be a remote start module hiding somewhere else in my truck. This is on a 97 F150 scab lariat. I found the 712T brain behind the passenger kick panel, where is the remote start module if there is one hidden at. I don't want to start digging behind the dash to find it.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
whiteaddiction
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that depends on where who ever installed it put it, if there is another module it will be hooked up to a group of wires that go to the brain, also depends on the model you have i think mine only has one brain and all in one box, I would follow one of the plugs from the brain, the door locks should be about 4-6 wires they are usaully blue and green with stripes. hope this helps you alittle.