Sponsored by: DP Tuner

leak-stink-dealership.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:49 PM
elvis81
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leak-stink-dealership.

First post. 2000 7.3, 88k, took it in 2 weeks ago for "leak at rear main seal"..end of my ext. warranty from guys I bought truck from. As I already knew the HPOP was leaking and they replaced it...first one was defective and blew out pulling it up to the front, another day-- another HPOP later, I get my truck. Cleaned all under the truck when I get home, thought it was oil from the blown pump all over the trans case crossmember etc. (clean greasy what ever it is) Notice oil or grease alll over my car I am towing to a car show--3 days after work done to truck. Figure I ran over something. Look under again same oily crap all over the trans and everywhere, plus when I turn on the heat one morning 2 days after the car show, the cab smells like diesel from the vents! I look in the engine valley and it is full of diesel. Took it back today again to the Ford dealership, explaining what happened. Is it the fuel / water seperator O rings or?? I know they had to remove it to get to the pump. What else is on top there that would be fuel? They are trying to charge something else and I told them it wasn't like that b4 they started messing with it. I take good care of my stuff and am getting....... off. Ideas? Thanks in advance, sorry for the length.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:00 PM
westpsd
Senior User
That seems to be a frequent source for leaks, but they had to take the fuel bowl off as well, so it could be a poor seal between the bowl and the casting as well. Either way, they need to fix it. As you said, it wasn't doing it before they worked on it and they HAD to take it off to replace the pump.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:08 AM
elvis81
Cross-Country
now...this a.m.

the head diesel dude @ the Ford dealership says the fuel/ water seperator was all gunked up previously from the HPOP and now that is "clean" it is showing seepage. ($580 + $install) PLus the lever o- rings...$. If they can bleed$$ from the ext. warranty people ok-- otherwise I am having words with more people there. What a rip. Exact reason why I never go anywhere to get vehicles repaired unless I have to, all they do is change parts and hopefully it is fixed. I think that is a reason people don't feel all warm & fuzzy when they go to these places...everyone expects the worse and are on the defensive. I am not paying for it and bet $$ that the O rings on the lever is all that is wrong. Oh yeah, he mentioned "the lines have been removed enough times to make the seal to the o rings leaking"??? I didn't even bring up my car having diesel all over the flat black hood on my car....plus the paint everywhere else on it. I will get off my soapbox now.........rant over, for now.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 AM
elvis81
Cross-Country
the end...

Finally got it back...they put a new fuel valve kit on (F81Z-9A153-AA)....amazing I could have sworn that is what I said at first to them. THey backed off the whole filter bowl assembly. Didn't have to pay for anything, but it still pi___ me off that they take people for a ride if they don't question it. Any way it was cleaned up on the bottom. Hopefully I never have to use a dealership for anything. I could have done what they did in 30 min. or so...just the principle of the thing.