Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Ups Sucks!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 05:12 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ups Sucks!!!!!!

I waited all week for my 5" stove pipe to be delivered today..because some dumb brown suited dope head forgot to put my package on the truck. it sat in salt lake city for 2 days..now I'm not getting it till Tuesday next week..here I sit with my DP tuner in one hand (that arived on time) and nothing but a stock truck in the other...I'm pissed!!!! tuner looks great though..cant wait to try it out..next time ill use fed-ex

Old 10-20-2006, 05:15 PM
ponch37300
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is there fault i would insist they overnight it to you. If you complain enough you probably can convince them. I know that feeling of being let down by the brown trucks

Old 10-20-2006, 05:20 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ponch37300
If it is there fault i would insist they overnight it to you. If you complain enough you probably can convince them. I know that feeling of being let down by the brown trucks
i called and they said they would be happy to refund the guy i got it from. and id half to get it from him..but thats not the point..i want my exhaust...ill try the over nite thing though thanks for the tip

Old 10-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Want me to bring my dog over? She jumped through a window (broke through the glass) and attacked a UPS man before chasing him down the driveway and back up onto his truck a couple of years ago. They will not deliver to my house. We always get a note in our mail box instructing us to come to the UPS Store to pick up our packages.

Last edited by Texas Outlaw; 10-20-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:16 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Texas Outlaw
Want me to bring my dog over? She jumped through a window (broke through the glass) and attacked a UPS man before chasing him down the driveway and back up onto his truck a couple of years ago. They will not deliver to my house. We always get a note in our mail box instructing us to come to the UPS Store to pick up our packages.
lmao that had to cute to see..i tryed to get them to over nite it..they cant they dont work weekends...so some lazy $20 an hour guy didnt do his job and im left suffering..im holding my DP tuner thinking should i?? or shouldnt i??

Old 10-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Lance_I
Senior User
Should you or shouldn't you what? Install it? Why not, if you have gauges and keep an eye on things it isn't going to hurt anything. Just don't get carried away with it. It'll get hot quicker but, you should be able to get in it a little then let off to try it out.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:49 PM
NAMDROF
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yowsers

Always is a bummer when things dont arrive on time! I can agree with that. Altho UPS has a policy of refunding for on time transits that fail to meet the criteria. So you at least will be refunded the moneis paid by your shipper when he gets repaid for the debacle. Did you know their are companies that actually do that for big shippers(track their shipments and report transit time failures) and the big shipper never returns the monies to the consignee. I know this as I owned a shipping store like a Mail box etc?

I KNOW ,I KNOW thing wasnt on time! I read that!
So cant wait till you post that your shipper repaid you for the tranist on time failure. Been in your seat before all mad and kickin tires as the shipper was blamin UPS and it turns out they hadnt shipped the item. So UPS wasnt paying and the clowns I bought from said they only pay if UPS pays???? Meaning they screwed up and the pkg altho in thier computer was sitting still somewhere in the wrong place in their warehouse and was shipped and tracked some 2 days later. I got hosed on a 2 day price for shipping! So hope you get your money back! But please post when you do so we can see if you get hosed by the company your purchase was shipped from or UPS hoses you.

namdrof

Old 10-20-2006, 07:06 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
it was shiped the day i was told it was..i have a tracking ### to prove it...and it was in salt lake for 2 days...they told me to call shipper and ups will refund them and then they will refund me..but thats not the point..i planed for this to be here today. and payed for the sevice...asked if they could over nite it lol they dont work weekends i was told..good thing its not something i realy needed at this point or id be screwed...

i dont have my gauges yet.lol on back order....ill have them wednesday i hope...i was going to put the tuner in with out gauges but not now. not with a stock exhaust

Old 10-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
It must be that Salt Lake hub. Anytime I order anything that has to come through there it seems like it sits for 2 days.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
i take it same thing happend to you too?..oh well..was hoping to have the tuner and exhaust in this weekend then the new AFE and gauges next week..guess i better not book any thing for next weekend...

Old 10-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
My Mark R cannon was a full four days later than I expected it. It was a combination of vendor and Brown. Sucked the big one but I got over it as will you. Put that chip in and be done with it. One less thing to do later and it'll giva ya something to play with while you wait. Just gotta be careful and don't get carried away until the exhaust and gauges are in. JMO.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:38 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
mark is where i got mine from. he sent it out even befor he ran my card..told him i wanted this by friday....now it will be 4 days late getting here...he did his part. i cant blaim him..ill call him tomarow see if we can get refunded by UPS..

Old 10-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Get started on that bag of goodies you got.... by the time you recover you will be ready for that exhaust, gauges and chip on Saturday. Then you'll be ready for a "Sunday Drive"

Old 10-20-2006, 08:50 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by amiller93
Get started on that bag of goodies you got.... by the time you recover you will be ready for that exhaust, gauges and chip on Saturday. Then you'll be ready for a "Sunday Drive"
im working on it...im replaceing my fuel lines and trans lines this weekend.. there a little ruff.sitting here going through my list of toys just relised i didnt get a tracking # for my BTS VB...he said he would send that out thursday..i havent heard a thing..does he send you a comfermation # ??

Old 10-20-2006, 09:02 PM
NAMDROF
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Weekends

Originally Posted by ron's power stoke
it was shiped the day i was told it was..i have a tracking ### to prove it...and it was in salt lake for 2 days...they told me to call shipper and ups will refund them and then they will refund me..but thats not the point..i planed for this to be here today. and payed for the sevice...asked if they could over nite it lol they dont work weekends i was told..good thing its not something i realy needed at this point or id be screwed...

i dont have my gauges yet.lol on back order....ill have them wednesday i hope...i was going to put the tuner in with out gauges but not now. not with a stock exhaust
The company doesnt work weekends that shipped it to you? Thats a bummer!
Again don't get me wrong! Not getting your shipment on time is a bummer!

I know UPS does work weekends as they would deliver and pick up (if we asked) at our store on weekends while they were out making deliveries to the residential and commercial customers. Our experience was very positive with UPS. We used them all. FedEx, DHL the list goes on, even and some specialty companies that were target specific to area. By far! We had the least amount of delivery and pick up problems from UPS. Maybe we just had a good driver or drivers? Went thru 3 of them and all were seemless in doing their job. Dont get me wrong FedEx is good but that UPS guarntee we passed onto every customer that UPS promised and we made sure every customer knew we stood behind them and would do the leg work. Taken the frequency number of items shipped it was virtually nill on commitment failures. Where we had the most problems was due to inclement weather with air services in both FedEx and UPS. Mother Nature wins everytime!

Quick Reply: Ups Sucks!!!!!!