Sponsored by: DP Tuner

UVC problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 AM
DragnBotm
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UVC problems

Can anyone tell me on here if when replacing the UVC you should replace the gasket to. Also if it is is this "procedure" for a diesel mechanic at a dealer? And if so where would I find this?

I had problems with the UVC on the pass. side about 3 months ago and now same side. Come to find out last time was the inner harness this time was just the gasket. I said I would have replaced that when I was in there 3 months ago they said it was reusable. I feel I should of had the option of replacing a 57 dollar part after that side was already tore apart. Live and learn i guess.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:32 PM
basstardo
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't have to be a diesel mechanic to do this. I just did both sides of my motor with new UVC harnesses becuase mine were the ones that would slip over time and become disconnected. Search through my old posts and you'll see a full explaination of it. It took me 3-4 hours to do both sides at a moderate pace, but this was also the second time I'd pulled the valve covers. If you're in there, may as well test glow plugs too. The valve cover gaskets are reusable, but if they have any signs of being burned up (around the electrical connections, go ahead and replace them.