Sponsored by: DP Tuner

brake sensor leaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:32 AM
turkeyman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation brake sensor leaking

On my 00 7.3 master cylinder, there are two sensors- one in the middle on the fender side and another one in the front towards the motor- the one in the front is leaking but parts guy doesn't know what it is-- any ideas

Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 789 Likes on 601 Posts
Not even the Ford counter guy?
I think it's the cruise control switch that had a recall for starting fires while the truck is sitting in the driveway. Don't quote me on this, I recommend trying a search.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 AM
turkeyman
New User
Thanks-- finally got someone who knew his stuff- yes it is the cruise switch but he didn't mention anything about starting fires- did hear about some type of recall for my truck on cruise issue but Ford doesn't have serial numbers yet and not allot of details

Old 10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
turkeyman
New User
does this also affect the horn??seen other threads that refer to this-- my horn also does not work

Old 10-19-2006, 02:09 PM
turkeyman
New User
Question cruise control sensor leaking

does this also affect the horn??seen other threads that refer to this-- my horn also does not work but can hear relay toggle

Old 10-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 789 Likes on 601 Posts
Originally Posted by turkeyman
Thanks-- finally got someone who knew his stuff- yes it is the cruise switch but he didn't mention anything about starting fires- did hear about some type of recall for my truck on cruise issue but Ford doesn't have serial numbers yet and not allot of details
The thing to do is to test for 12v at that switch with the ignition turned off. If it's hot then it's on the recall list, if my memory serves me correctly.
On my truck it turns off when I kill the ignition and when I asked at the dealer whether my truck was on that recall list or not, I was informed that my truck was not on the list.