1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

merry christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 04:40 PM
rebellforever
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
merry christmas

i hope all of you guys have a safe and merry christmas, also a new year.
you guys have helped me out so much and i know you guys wont let me down.
thanks for all of the help and i hope this forum stays going for all of the others out there that need alot or alittle help as aslo mine.

thanks
swanny

Old 12-21-2002, 05:59 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
merry christmas

The guys here enjoy helping because sometime, maybe a long time ago, each one needed a hand and somebody else was there for us.

It's a gift that requires passing on when you have the chance. That's just the way it works, welcome to the club.

Have a happy Christmas Swanny (and the rest of you too)!

Old 12-21-2002, 07:15 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
merry christmas

I get really irritable and depressed around the holidays. Truth be known, it would probably explain my non-participation here of late. Christmas is no longer about celebrating life and the birth of Jesus Christ. It has been twisted into an overly commercialized farce designed to make money for big business at the expense of the reason for the season. It pains me terribly to be virtually forced to encourage this in "the spirit of giving". I truly hope that you all enjoy the holiday and take a moment on that day to truly realize the value of your families and cherish them. Not all of us are blessed and fortunate enough to wake up to the joyous squeels of delighted children. I, for one, will wake up on that day to the sound of my alarm clock and get ready to go to work. 50 bucks an hour is small consolation when you are sitting around a picnic table nursing a cup of coffee in a cold factory simply because you've got nothing else to do. If the people of the world can all look past the toys, games, socks, robes, and aftershave long enough to truly grasp the wonder and miracle of being alive and appreciate it, we can surely find a way to coexist in peace.

As for New Year's, my attitude is most assuredly different. I will start off the new year in the best financial, physical, and mental health of my life. After three years of struggling to put my life back together after a nasty break with my ex-fiancee' left me nearly suicidal with nothing besides a run-down house with no running water, a half-dead Ranger, a basket of clothes, and an empty checking account, I am finally back in touch with who and what I am. This year for me will see the passing of the halfway point of remodeling the house, the ride to Milwaukee for the HUGE Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary celebration on the new Lowrider, my first trip to Pigeon Forge, and near the end of the summer I expect for 15 years of waiting to come to an end and take my first spin in a healthy albeit ugly 1951 Ford F-1. Barring disaster, this could be the best year of my life. I hope that 2003 proves to be a prosperous, happy, and safe year for all my brothers and sisters here at FTE as well. God bless us all.

Joe

Old 12-21-2002, 07:38 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 717 Likes on 257 Posts
merry christmas

Swanny,

a Merry Christmas to you and all your family. It's been a pleasure swapping ideas and barbs this year.. and hope next year is better.

Tim,

the deal here has always been pay it forward... there's hardly ever a way to pay it back... it's all about friendship and sharing. Merry Christmas

Joe,

I agree completely with you and how the real truth of Christmas has been covered over with tinsel, garland and Visa receipts. Regardless of that, keep it in your heart and ignore the rest. I hope your new year is everything you want it to be and more... I also hope to meet you in Pigeon Forge this summer... albeit without my '53 but looking forward to seeing your ride for sure...

Merry Christmas all..

John :-X12

Old 12-21-2002, 09:27 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
merry christmas

"Christmas is no longer about celebrating life and the birth of Jesus Christ. It has been twisted into an overly commercialized farce designed to make money for big business at the expense of the reason for the season."

Joe

Christmas is about what you decide in your heart it's about. I know what you are saying though. It is sure hard to convince my six year old the real truth. Take three steps out the door of the church and the environment sure changes to cash registers and Santa Claus.

To everyone else on the board

It's been a great year sharing our interests. Joe was telling me in an offline email sometime back about how this board is really different than the rest. I had not really considered it before but he is exactly right. There is a comradery like I have never seen anywhere on the net. Where else on an automotive forum can you share a thought as Joe just did and know the response will be comforting. I am sure many of us act a little different on the internet but your real personality comes through eventually for better or worse. I feel like I know many of you better than my next door neighbors. I look forward to another year with you all.

Merry Christmas
Dewayne

Old 12-22-2002, 04:24 PM
DS02F250
Posting Guru
merry christmas

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.... EVERYONE !!!!

Daryl :-X12

Old 12-22-2002, 09:21 PM
rebellforever
Senior User
merry christmas

JOE...
i am real sorry.
but remember to build from the past for a better tomarrow.
i hope you can change your life around.
but i know your life will change and you will one of the one on the top of the world.
everyone has their ups and downs.
just some of us have to go lower then others to go above the others.
i hope the christmas spirit will come and greet you this christmas and make your dreams come true.

swanny

Old 12-22-2002, 09:22 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master
merry christmas

Merry Christmas to the greatest group of people!
I wish all of you a safe and happy holiday. :-X12

Old 12-22-2002, 09:27 PM
artman
Freshman User
merry christmas

Ya know, you realy can't beat the support and friendship i've seen here. I am proud to be able to hang out with you guys.I wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year. And good luck on all your projects. Matt :-X12

Old 12-23-2002, 01:09 AM
darkhorse54
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
merry christmas

Joe, that was a touching story, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I know how you feel, I don't think anyone can unless they've walked in your shoes. In 1969 I broke my neck I was only 17, the doctors told me I would never walk again but I proved them wrong, after 8 months in the hospital I got my feelings back and I was able to walk on crutches, as the years went by I would get clumbsy and fall, since then I've broken my right ankle in 3 places then my left ankle in one place and just over 6 years ago I fell and broke my left hip, every day I thank god for giving me another day. I'm no different than anyone else, I get up every day and put my pants on one leg at a time. I've been married for 28 years now to the same woman and I have 4 kids, if it wasn't for my hobby working on my 54 and getting my 17 year old son involved I think I would go nuts. Joe and swanny all I can say is hang in there and look for brighter days they're out there sometimes they are far and few in between but keep your head up and have a merry xmas to all.

Old 12-23-2002, 02:16 AM
Kai
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
merry christmas

:-X12 Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year also from your friend in Germany !!! :-X12

... even so far away from you all I feel I am part of this fine, but very diverse group of people. It feels so good to see how much you all care about each and everyone on the forum.

We all made it here because we all share one thing: we love old Ford trucks. Wonder what those people, especially the younger ones do who spend their time playing their Playstation or wasting their time some other stupid way (just my opinion). Will they ever find such a nice group of people. Guess not.

... again, Merry Christmas !!!

:-X12 :-X12 Kai :-X12 :-X12

Old 12-23-2002, 06:28 AM
Schoonie48F2
Senior User
merry christmas

Same here, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
From my family to all of yours!
Cory

Old 12-23-2002, 06:48 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
merry christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you guys...and girls.

Old 12-23-2002, 07:38 AM
BELLM
Senior User
merry christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! I agree with Dewayne, this group and forum is the best. I have my oatmeal and coffee with you every morning, good part is I don't have to mind my table manners. Most days you make me late for work but thats ok as I only gotta go upstairs and turn on the company laptop.

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday.

Eddie Bell :-X12

Old 12-23-2002, 08:28 AM
irondragon79
Posting Guru
merry christmas

Just wanted to echo the wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you wherever you may be. Thanks to you guys (and gals) I've had enough guts to tackle my extended truck project knowing that I have a group of fellow truck people that are willing to help and that seem just as excited to see the finished product as much as I am. You have been a very valuable source of information as well as connections for the parts that I need. I can't wait for the day when I actually have my truck up and running and head off to a show somewhere and have someone say "hey I recognize that truck, thats Iron Dragon's (jon's), and have you come over and actually talk in person. Thanks again to all of you, and again best of wishes

In Him Alone
Jon

Quick Reply: merry christmas