wiring schematic

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Agemenon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiring schematic

Does anybody have a wiring schematic for a basic stereo system which includes an amp?

Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM
ponch37300
Elder User
Could you explain your question a little better. You want to hook up a aftermarket deck, amp and speakers? What kind of amp, 2 or 4 channel? What kind of speakers are you going to be using the amp for, subs or mids/highs, how many, what ohms? Without that all i can tell you is that you need a power wire for the amp, depending on how many watts will determine the size. Ground it to a good chasses ground, that is clean and solid. Run a pair of rca cables from your deck to the amp, if you are using the factory deck then you will need a line level converter. and you will need a remote turn on from your deck that tells the amp when to turn on and off. That's all i can tell you without knowing more about what you want and what you are installing

Old 10-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Agemenon
Elder User
Well I think I just mighta found something out that is not helping my stereo problem. I found the remote cable disconnected...which is probably my problem. I found it stuck underneath the bench seat in the back and I followed it all the way to the end where it said "remote" on the amp. So...my question now is that where the heck is this wire supposed to go? It's obviously not long enough to go from the back to behind the deck in the front. My amp is located behind the passenger seat inbetween the back seat and the wall of the cab. Everything is already all hooked up, the amp isn't just turning on.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:30 PM
fordboy_52
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
please read this post.. i think it will help you out

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/3...ht=amp+install

Matt