Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Ford Buyback

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Fordicated
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport trac Blues

has anyone heard of such a problem vehicle.
yr problems started, 2002 6,500 miles, engine turned over one rev and locked up with the sound of hydrolicing. Had it towed to the dealership and 7 days later they said no problems found. 2,500 miles later same thing happend again, vehicle turned over half a crank and locked up, three taps on the key and it turned over slow and then started buckin and smokin.
Took it to the dealer left it there 14 days, no problems found.
Driving home 6 months later stalls, turn the key to restart engine locked up, tap tap on the key rolls over and starts up smoking and chuggin.
Limp it into (max speed 15mph )the dealership and the tech comes out looks at it oh ya I know exaclty whats wrong with it. 6 days later pickup the truck and it apears to be ok, 21k miles, wife and I driving down the road and it stalls again chuckin and smokin limp it to another dealership, service advicer asked to shut it down, said dont its a intermitent problem thats been going on sence it was new and you need to take advantage of the problem while its present. Tech comes out looks at it, no CEL, (my reply never has thrown one) hmm must be the ecm. No problem we can get it fixed for you. Two days later they call me on the phone, sorry sir but your car is running fine so we dont know what to fix?
(my reply) well you where very confident in the service drive when it was acting up, now that there is no problem present you dont remember what you thought it was in the drive?
At this point Im at my whits end. I tell them here is the story, this vehicle has spent almost 60 days in the shop. left me stranded at home twice, has broken down on the road twice, has had major problems starting at least 10 times, all the same problem. I want you to keep this vehicle untill its fixed 100% when I pick it up I want to be able to take it on a 3k mile trip without issues. 31 days later I pickup the vehicle drive it 7 blocks check engine light comes on overdrive light starts flashing, I think hmm finally a problem with a light that will trip a code maybe the parts replacers can finally fix this darn car and our troubles will be over.
Well take the car back and they already have the trouble codes in there service advisors computer? how could this be? So what you really mean to tell me is you already new these codes existed but failed to inform me because the vehicle is now out of warranty. So you reset the codes cleared the ecu and sent the vehicle out knowing the owner was going to take it on a 3k trip! Do you think maybe you should call and see if they will good faith this because the original ecu was unable to throw a cel and this problem has most likely been here for the duration of the vehicles life? The owner purchased an extended warranty had never used it, his car is now out of warranty the original problem has never been fixed and you want me to authorize a $1500 service ticket for a wiring problem? I cannot pay you to keep making guesses to fix my car that would be insane! (INSANE)- to do the same thing over and over and expect different results.
So my wife has driven her loved ST, A 3 yr old 35K car into a local only car thats not fit to go 30 miles out of town for 2yrs now and has finally crapped the bed.

I really never thought we would get treated so badly by 2 diff ford dealerships and would get brushed off by Fords customer service like this.
I have (3) 04 F150's in the yard, 03 f250 and this problem child and Ford acts like I am a expendable customer!
I have purchased 11 Ford vehicles in the past 7 yrs, It just kills me to say I have purchased my last Ford untill they make things right. After three yrs of this we have all but given up.

You guys that have been offered buy backs have no idea how lucky you are.
This car of ours has never been a reliable vehicle to drive out of town sence it was 12months old. We dont even want them to buy it back, just fix it, maybe a little extra warranty would be a nice topping.
Personally I think the problem with us is we replaced it with A 04 F150 4x4 supercrew, sending a message to Ford we will still purchase there products even though they dont stand behind them.

Last edited by Fordicated; 10-09-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:31 PM
marragtop
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you gone above the dealership(s) to the local area Ford rep?