Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Summers Over :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Summers Over :(

Well it's been quiet on the board. I guess everyone is exhausted after a full summer and getting back into a routine with kids in school, daycare, hockey, whatever.
I was just starting to realize (happens every September!) that I didn't get done nearly half of what I wanted to achieve this summer! Where did the days go? Wasn't a bad summer. Hit my share of car shows/fleamarkets, maybe thats why I didn't get a coat of stain on the garage? Had a very relaxing time at the cottage. Did my annual business conference. Orlando this year. Rode a rollercoaster for the first time in 20+ years (Hey the Wild Mouse and the Flyer were pretty cool back then, even without the recreational drugs! long long time ago!...).
My truck was good to me, other than a wonky TPS sensor and a noisy rear axle bearing(still noisy ) no complaints. The Falcon held up like a champ but things are starting to deteriorate. The cardboard sunvisor are crumpling into dust for example. Maybe this winter I'll start to bring her back to her former glory?

The fact the the summer is gone really hit home today as I was shopping at Costco and they had twice as much Xmas stuff as they did Holloween stuff!!
I got to meet some of you fine folks. Went to Arthur which was awesome.
The list of what I didn't get done is way too long....but lets give it a try...

-didn't get the truck anywhere near finished(is it ever finished!)
-didn't get porch and garage stained
-didn't get my friends mopar done either
-didn't do some minor renovations done in the house
-didn't go to that house warming party at BigDaddy Chucks! not that he had one but I wanted to check out the Fairlane!
- didn't stop by Crockford for that coffee.
- didn't get married like other members! thats a good thing!
- didn't buy that Focus I was dreaming about, never will!!

So what about the rest of you? How many are scrambling to get things done before the weather turns on us?

Frank

Last edited by fp_5; 09-27-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fp_5
- didn't buy that Focus I was dreaming about, never will!!
I will sell you mine....cheap.

I got a few things done.

I still have to take down my pool and close in some holes in my garage and get the squirrels out before winter.

I took my air conditioners out last weekend so that is done...and early this time!

-Matt

Old 10-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Guess everyone, except us, got their stuff done already Frank. Well, I still haven't got the pool down or the garage fixed. But, I cleaned out my eavestrough a few weeks ago.

Yesterday and today I built some shelves in the unfinished basement in my house. Got them all loaded up and FINALLY got my basement cleaned. It was a mess. Now everything is organized and ready for the new washer and dryer we are getting on Wednesday.

Now, if I could just get it so no water comes into the basement. Oh well.

-Matt

Old 10-10-2006, 07:36 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
It's not a leaky basement, It's an indoor swimming pool!

Still need to get my truck rust checked but not quite ready yet.
Off to close the cottage up this weekend and I know it will be cold and raining miserable weather. Not at all like this past weekend.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Time to kick back and relax Frank...

Plenty of time for California Dreamin' and some Do Do Do, Lookin' Out My Back Door wondering what happened to the Summer In The City where Everyday People worked all day in 100 degree temperatures only to board the Hellbound Train headed for some Twilight Zone when in all reality, the best they can ever do is see Paradise By The Dashboard Lights of some old, beat up Magic Bus cruising down Electric Avenue and taking life Day By Day.
AL.
P.S. ... by Time In A Bottle and Daydream Believer. Aint That A Shame.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:58 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Well, I FINALLY got the pool taken down yesterday. Those freak light flurries we had last week got my butt moving in a hurry.

-Matt

Old 10-19-2006, 01:15 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
I got the cottage closed down, freaky weather though, had freezing rain then rain then sunshine then hail then snow ...all in the same day!

I see Al (AKA the Pied piper) is back!
BTW whatever happened to Big Daddy Chuck? ever since he got the palacial estate in the country he doesn't socialize with the peasants anymore?? or is he too busy parking Al's old junk?

Old 10-19-2006, 02:26 PM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put my garden hose in the basement. Does that count as winter prep? Still have to put away lawn mowers and replace with sleds.

Maybe BDC is stuck with dial-up and can't get past the GM ad on the front page...

Old 10-19-2006, 04:39 PM
cdncowboy
Senior User
got married best thing ever truck did very well at the shows this summer very happy

DIDN'T trade the truck for a focus
DIDN'T ride in a focus
DIDN'T look at a focus

Old 10-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Yeah, because if you looked at a Focus you would be jealous.

Originally Posted by loudfords
I put my garden hose in the basement. Does that count as winter prep?
Yep, sure does. I did mine yesterday as well. That's way earlier than I did it last year. I did it in February last year. Stupid frozen hose.

Also, turned off the outside water taps.

-Matt

Old 10-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
The Missing...

No, I don't mean the movie.
Chuck lives in a neighbourhood where Netscape is the service provider. At this time, they are NOT providing internet service. the, horvath, family @ yahoo . com without the commas and spaces goes to Chucks phone, so no pics please.
AL.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:31 PM
mikeyswood
Elder User
Originally Posted by Dealford
Plenty of time for California Dreamin' and some Do Do Do, Lookin' Out My Back Door wondering what happened to the Summer In The City where Everyday People worked all day in 100 degree temperatures only to board the Hellbound Train headed for some Twilight Zone when in all reality, the best they can ever do is see Paradise By The Dashboard Lights of some old, beat up Magic Bus cruising down Electric Avenue and taking life Day By Day.
AL.
P.S. ... by Time In A Bottle and Daydream Believer. Aint That A Shame.

I am pretty sure that I heard that in a love song.........