Old 09-27-2006, 07:45 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new purchase....

As of today... Sept. 27 '06
I am the "proud" new owner of an 1988 Ford B2
2.9L 4wd... Manual tranny...

And only at a mere... $160 bux... this could easily turn into some quick turn around cash or a good project...

The vehicle turned right over for being stored for about roughly 2 years...

So other than doing the normal full fluid change all around with filters (if app..) brake and chassis inspections and minor refubishing on some possible (?) other suspension components... The vehicle would be 100% drivable and possibly 100% dd friendly.

To my understanding (from my friend's explanation) the xfer case and tranny were rebuilt along with some minor motor work (incl. head gasket) prior to him originally taking delivery about 2.5-3 years ago before being put into storage.

... But if I do decide to sell it or part it out... I'm sure the motor/tranny and the rear curved windows ought to pay me back on the purchase.

Lets see where this goes...

Old 09-28-2006, 05:20 PM
davidsca
Senior User
Lift it !! Big wheels and tires! Make it a mud buggy to take to Gulches!

Heres an idea:

http://www.muddy4x4.com/bronco1.htm

If you don't I will. Trade you even for a good dd. Seriously.

Dave

Old 09-29-2006, 09:18 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Talking

I think I forgot to mention the steering column/ignition "issues"...

a "stuck in the middle" P.O had lost the key and took the column apart to Touch wires together to start it...

***mind you... the ignition tumbler was Alrerady Busted...so you didn't need a key to start it, before the bonehead P.O took the column apart***

On that note this could be a good candidate for a push start or a toggle...with a tether!

Old 10-01-2006, 01:11 AM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
I think i'll be huntin' down a steering column (shroud) for this new purchase...
....door panels wouldn't hurt either...

I may make a "g2g" trip out of this if you guys want to tag along...

Old 10-04-2006, 09:40 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Talking

I think I will press foward with the boneyard trip...

I'll be scrambling the rest of the week to get the DMV/tax stuff taken care of... The insurance company is just waiting on the word from me... they already have the info... and classifying it as a Station Wagon!! (snicker)

Old 10-04-2006, 11:28 PM
sifon187
Senior User
A station wagon? LoL...hey its whatever they want it to be i guess. Im thinking of getting a older model full size bronoco for a toy/project truck. But I may go with a international scout though.

Last edited by sifon187; 10-04-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:51 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
the Donor steering column (w/Key!!) is IN!!!... thankfully I found that most of the harnesses clip right in and weren't too damaged...

I prolly will do some serious wire looming and removal of the P.O.'s extras... (alarm sys. remnants, audio "sys" remnants,... i.e...)

Old 10-23-2006, 07:38 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
I jus' purchased my new interior door panels and "paddle-style" side mirrors from our friends at the Bronco Graveyard... LMC wanted almost the same $$ amount for the door panels but they didn't have the armrests...

so now I'm not sure if I want to continue with the "cosmetics" or replacing the (still) working mechanicals... what small list still remains of that... the vacuum lines will be a near future MUst though...
Pics are soon to come

Old 10-30-2006, 07:29 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
now I think its time to take care of these "random" vacuum leaks and the fluid and filter changes...
..and the major things on my list... which I hope will be taken care these next couple of weeks...
-windshield repl. (safelite wants 175-180$)
-lock tumbler replacementss.. figuring and qouted about 60-80bux for all three (drvr, pssngr, rear hatch)

and a decent repaint... I havn't called yet...

So I'm still figuring $1000 +/- for a V6 4wd reliable dd....

Old 10-31-2006, 06:25 PM
davidsca
Senior User
Not bad at all, I'm pushing rapidly toward the $3000.00 mark on Ronin and I still need to do a few more things before I'm happy. Thank God I've did 95% of the work myself, otherwise I'd be at 5K easy.

Post some pics!

Dave

Old 10-31-2006, 09:01 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
The windshield is due for Thurs. afternoon... I might try for the lock replacements on Saturday (?)

Also ...the paddle mirrors are on and the door panels came in yesterday...

I also broke (or it was already?) a stinkin' plastic fitting off of my evap canister... my last resorts are NAPA and or the "contact" ("hook-up") I have at Fairway Parts dept. since the dealer is within rock throwing distance of my work... I'll prolly go there first...

Ahh... The pics... you'd figure a guy with over 2k worth of camera goodies would be gung-ho about snapping shots.... but with all the locks and latches then the multiple layers of foam in the case.... I have to find the motivation to dig it out...lol !!

Old 11-12-2006, 08:01 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Well I think I've appropriately nicknamed this thing "The Blue Goo" .. or until I manage to get the overtightened oil drain plug out... "The Big Blue pain in the rear"

anyhow.. I have new plugs, wires and cap'n button ... two new fuel filters ready to go in... now I'm questioning if I want to stop and dive in to a full motor rebuild to possibly give me that piece of mind if I might use this as a dd in the near future...

Old 11-19-2006, 07:35 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Question

For some reason I'm "re"-considering if I really want to keep this thing... I'm not sure if I'll have a reason for all the 4wd and the maint. involved with keeping it up ... I had originally been hunting a small p/u or car...

Oh who knows... I may have a few pics and a price tag out on here later this week...

Comments welcome....

Old 03-20-2007, 09:14 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
...And my Saga with the Blue Goo still continues........

Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 PM
92F150Flare
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you find a shop to paint if for $1k.......pleeeeeeeease let me know...lol.....I just got quoted $2500 down here for me truck.
Another reason to make the G2G on the 31'st

The Blue Goo sounds like you can go either way now......sell and profit.....or keep and spend.......hehehe