Sponsored by:

Wesson vegetable oil?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wesson vegetable oil?

Saw this posted on a music website forum. There was a discussion going about how diesels are evil and blah blah blah. Anyway, the following excerpt caught my eye. Anyone here know anything about dumping Wesson vegetable oil into your fuel tank?

>>I do throw a gallon of wesson vegetable oil in the truck on occasion simply as a fuel lubricity additive. I've also run bio-diesel in limited amounts in my personal truck. THe biggest issue with biodiesel is that it cleans the fuel system up too good and causes the fuel filters to clog up if you try to run straight B100. Running it in a 20% mixture with petro diesel and changing the fuel filter more often until the fuel is full transitioned to biodiesel can get you there though.<<

Old 09-26-2006, 06:17 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
straight veggie oild and diesel will separate, and the other trick is that the veggie oil needs to be preheated to 180 degrees F to keep it burning good. If you were to just dump it in and take off on a trip, you might come out ok, but if you let it settle, you could have some trouble, but maybe not. Concentration will make a difference too. I have heard about people mixing the two oils, but unfortunately, noone has done a teardown to see if it leaves deposits on the injectors and such.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:35 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Texas Outlaw
Saw this posted on a music website forum. There was a discussion going about how diesels are evil and blah blah blah. Anyway, the following excerpt caught my eye. Anyone here know anything about dumping Wesson vegetable oil into your fuel tank?

>>I do throw a gallon of wesson vegetable oil in the truck on occasion simply as a fuel lubricity additive. I've also run bio-diesel in limited amounts in my personal truck. THe biggest issue with biodiesel is that it cleans the fuel system up too good and causes the fuel filters to clog up if you try to run straight B100. Running it in a 20% mixture with petro diesel and changing the fuel filter more often until the fuel is full transitioned to biodiesel can get you there though.<<
Why don't you join us on the FTE biodiesel forum, Some of us make and use Biodiesel, and some of us use SVO........................

FABMANDELUX.