1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Lost on the internet to find parts for this pickup...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 11:06 PM
glindley
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-28-2001, 12:23 AM
64 ford mercury pickup
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. I need help! I am not swift as far as what I need to do or know where to even look for parts for my dads' pickup truck. I am actually doing this for my dad as I am the net guru and he is the truck enthusiast. I do know now that his truck is only Canadian made, which even serves as a much larger challenge. But I would be willing and ever grateful to receive any information to pass on to him to aid in his restoration of his truck. His truck is a 1964 Ford Mercury (just as my nickname says) short box. Again I look forward to any possible responses. Thanks and Cheers!

Old 02-28-2001, 06:08 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Kristy, I don't now exactly what you are looking for. You are correct, in the Mercurys are Canadian made Fords. As far as I know the M100 and the F100 are identical except for the IDs. There were less of the Mercuries built so there are less that survived. I don't know how the salt/snow factor played with suvivoral either.

There are several companies that sell parts for the F100 and they will fit the M100 as well. If you will read some of the posts there are several of those companies listed in the posts.

John
jowilker
[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker|Club FTE since 01 01] My FTE Page

[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker/NCFTE.html|NC Truck Owners] NC Ford Truck owners group

66F100s Rule
In the cool still quite of night you can hear chevies rusting away.