1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

well I did it...................

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 07:18 PM
waterfront
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 65 f100 and went to the junk yard and got the parts from a 79 f150 for the power brakes and steering.problem is I was told I can use my brake pedal if I drill a new hole,fine but how does the switch from the 79 mount to my break pedal? there is no tab to mount it to,or no stop underneath my dash for the switch to hit so the rear brake lights will work.the master cyl from the 65 controled the rear lights before.any help would be grateful.....................................water front

Old 04-06-2001, 07:35 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Bill, It is called engineering, You gotta make the bracket work on your set up. Pull the two wires back through the fire wall, cut off and add new female spades to the wires, and bolt the switch on.

John
jowilker
[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker|Club FTE since 01 01] My FTE Page

[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker/NCFTE.html|NC Truck Owners] NC Ford Truck owners group

66F100s Rule
In the cool still quite of night you can hear chevies rusting away.

Old 04-06-2001, 08:41 PM
waterfront
New User

ok i will do that.thank you this forum has been very helpful and has saved me a bunch of cash. thanks..............waterfront

Old 04-07-2001, 06:19 AM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-07-2001, 07:54 PM
66ranger
Elder User

Just a thought, I found that the 67-72 pedal will work on a 65-66, but it is of a different angle. It had a pedal mount switch on it. A fabricated stop bracket should not be hard to bolt to your 65, just measure twice and cut once. Some people have put the original stoplight switch on a "t" fitting off the dual master cylinder, but I would make certain all fittings used are up to the task strength wise. Of course, drilling your 65 pedal to work would be the best. The bracket is welded to the newer pedal, don't know how hard it would be to get off, depends on your tool collection. Best of luck in your swap..