Update to CE Issue.. Need advice..

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update to CE Issue.. Need advice..

While back I posted about

P0136, 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank I Sensor 2)

CE light.. We inspected and found the harness pinched up in the top of the bellhousing.. We got it out, inspected the wiring.. Few frays, nothing major, taped it up.. I'm still thorwing CE lights.. for the same error.. We went and did a Volt/OHM test and even used a standard "Light up" probe.. Everything was in the green.. I'm wondering.. I have a warranty on the plug and it can be replaced for free.. Is it possible that the crimp could have surged and damaged that O2 sensor? As it was brand new when I replaced it.. Is it worth taking it out and getting it exchanged?

Old 09-15-2006, 09:23 AM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 873 Likes on 725 Posts
If you have a warranty on the sensor, I'd use it.

Steve

Old 09-15-2006, 10:44 AM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. If all you have ot invest is your time, it would be worth trying.
You'll be second guessing until you do.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrianA
I agree. If all you have ot invest is your time, it would be worth trying.
You'll be second guessing until you do.
Thanks.. Im hoping thats it.. When we inspected the harness it had a few frays.. Nothing severe that would warrant us to redo the wiring.. We simply taped up the wires and put it back in its protective covering.. After awhile the light came back.. Had me wonder so I did every volt/ohm/light up test I could find.. Everything passed.. I thought maybe it pulled the pin from the PCM when it got clamped.. But if thats the case then a simple Light Up test wouldnt have passed.. I had a full light up, if it had been lightly dimmed then I'd know the PCM isnt sending enough voltage..

Im going to yank it out and swap it.. Hopefully it'll work?

I'm also going to do the swap test again as well.. If it throws the same code with it plugged into the drivers side, any ideas as to what it could be? I have inspection coming soon and I dont wanna take the fuse out fo the OBDII scanner and bulb for the CE light.. They check those in Texas (Blah)..