Can u help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 05:56 PM
79 babe
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can u help?

I have a chance to buy a 1965 Ford Econoline pickup with a 5-window cab. I can't seem to find any information on this truck and how much it's worth. Do any of you know how much this truck is worth or where I can find out?

Old 09-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
depending on condition, it can be worth anywhere from 100 bucks for an incomplete rusty rough body, to what ever you are willing to pay for a nice restored truck.

kinda sucks i know, but without pics or seeing the truck it is impossible to say with any certanty what it is worth.

most running driving trucks are selling for somewhere around 3000 bucks. that is in decent shape, but still needing some tlc.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Dave Severson
Posting Guru
Value on something like this is relative.... If there is enough of the body left to qualify as a builder I would say at least $1,000.00. Mechanical and cosmetics better then that just add to the value. It's relative to how bad you want one, and how willing the seller is to part with it. I would really like to have one for myself, along with having a couple of customers who would like to have one so I'd probably pay way too much for it based on some absurd book value established by a bunch of dorks who still think Vette's, Camaro's, and Mopars with a hemi in them are the only cars that will ever have any value. Best you can do is decide what it is worth to you in it's present condition, what it is going to cost to build it the way you want it, and if you are comfortable (and able) to invest that much money......

Old 09-13-2006, 10:58 PM
79 babe
New User
The body is straight and the windows, etc. are original and in excellent shape. The truck has a little under 30,000 miles on it--but has no motor. The owner took it out to rebuild and never finished but wants to pat with it also. I do not know what the engine is or anything yet. When I find out I will let you know!!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
sounds like it might be a real deal if the owner doesnt want an arm and a leg for it. let us know how much and any other particulars you can.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:00 PM
79 babe
New User
Well, the guy ended up selling it to someone else. He never even told me till I went to see the truck. But--my grandpa bought him one and wants info on it. It's also a '65 5-window cab. It has a straight six and doesn't run. The tailgate is messed up (it closes, but you really have to slam it). The last three numbers in the serial are 538. Do any of you have info that I could pass to him??

Old 09-21-2006, 04:15 AM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
i need the complete vin and data plate info, then i can tell you a lot about how it came from the factory.