6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

MBRP Exhaust and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 01:40 AM
BooDaddy69
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP Exhaust and warranty

Hello everyone. I have been reading alot of good things about MBRP exhaust systems. Has anyone ever had any problems from Ford about warranty with one of these exhaust systems?

I would like to get a complete turbo back kit, but I dont want Ford to find a reason to void my warranty. I was just wondering if anyone had ever had any probs, with Ford on the warranty.

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2006, 05:54 AM
HeavyAssault
Cargo Master
Received 203 Likes on 109 Posts
The biggest factor is your dealer. This is where the warranty decision will be made as to coverage.

Keeping the cat installed will prevent most problems, while others could care less. Feel out your service department, just ask them and see what feedback you get about mods. I was running a module in my 2004, tech knew about it an never had any issues with working on the truck. He did talk to me about going to far and gave me some good advice on what NOT to do if I wanted warranty work. Remember you will have to pay, if you wanna play!

Old 08-20-2006, 06:18 AM
Keith1984
Senior User
Removal of catcon is a violation of federal law which trumps any state or local laws regarding its presence. It's like a $5000 fine if you get caught by someone that cares.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:23 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Part of a TSB I read gives instructions in the first couple of lines to check for:
Ë Aftermarket parts
o Aftermarket Air Intake Systems including MAF sensors, aftermarket turbocharger
modifications and aftermarket exhaust systems that remove the catalyst.

I personally think most don't have as much a problem with exhaust as with a/m intakes---especially the oiled air filters which can give the MAF problems especially with the new strategies out there. I've never had a problem with mine so far but..........

Last edited by npccpartsman; 08-20-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:03 PM
BooDaddy69
New User
I dont think I will be doing any air intake mods. I am more than happy with the power the 6.0 is making. The factory seems to be failry nice for a factory setup. I am just looking to get a little more tone from the exhaust.

I am looking at the 5" MBRP stock cat in exhaust. Does anyone have this system? Its a turbo back system, but uses the factory cat. I was just wondering how it sounded ith the factory cat.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Originally Posted by BooDaddy69
. I am just looking to get a little more tone from the exhaust.

I am looking at the 5" MBRP stock cat in exhaust. Does anyone have this system? Its a turbo back system, but uses the factory cat. I was just wondering how it sounded ith the factory cat.
BooDaddy, I too am wanting to get a exhaust system for my truck but only if it adds more tone outside and not inside the truck. I plan to keep the cat in place also and I just am worried that any change in the exhaust will create a resonant sound inside the cab. My 03 F250 6.0L had a resonant sound that could be heard at between 1500 and 1800 rpm which was very annoying to me, fortunetly my 05 does not. I also like listening to my radio and cd's on a trip but am worried that any change will increase the sound level inside cab that would again be just another annoyance. So, if you find out what the system sounds like I would be very interested to hear what you have learned. I was going to have mine put on possibly in the spring while on a cross country trip at one of the sponsers to FTE.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:42 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Two great thing about MBRP is they make a great product, and they make it so that in about 10 minutes you can have the cat in or out of your truck. We sell MBRP everyday and have yet to hear from a customer that they had a problem with install or using the cat delete pipe.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:32 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 1,000 Posts
If all you guys want is better "tone", why BUY anything except a "muffler delete" pipe. Miminum cost and a GREAT sound! You'll be driving around all day with your right rear window down! I did it to my 2005 F250 6.0 and never looked back. If it want it quiet, roll up the window....it you want ot hear it "bark" give it more pedal....and roll down that right rear window. Dang, that thing sounds good!!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 06:39 AM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
i just installed the mbrp cool duals on my o6 350 psd, love it , went with the turbo back and kept in the kitty.. sounds great

Old 09-10-2006, 07:42 AM
pamelbert
Senior User
If your worried about the warranty, just keep the original exhaust and put it back on if you have to take it in. Just make sure the shop that installs it does not cut the original exhaust to get it off, they usually do to make it easier to take off.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:01 PM
syc25ss
Freshman User
I installed the MBRP 4" turbo back kit on my 2005 F250 CC SB. I totally recommend getting the cat delete pipe. Your EGT's will drop dramatically. The MBRP muffler gives you a nice deep tone without much noise in the cab. I personally got the muffler delete pipe too and now LOVE it. But on the flip side I live just outside D.C and am worried about getting pulled over while driving through the city.

The MBRP system is great because you can just bolt the cat, or in my case the muffler too, back in in about 30 minutes.

I asked a service rep at a Ford dealership if an aftermarket exhaust system voided my warrenty and without hesitation he said "Yes". I have heard of some dealerships looking the other way on stuff like that and still accetping your warrenty. It sounds like you just have to find the right dealership with the right guys.
-Eddie

Old 09-10-2006, 06:03 PM
syc25ss
Freshman User
pamelbert]If your worried about the warranty, just keep the original exhaust and put it back on if you have to take it in. Just make sure the shop that installs it does not cut the original exhaust to get it off, they usually do to make it easier to take off.

To install the MBRP kit you'll need to cut the stock down pipe. At least thats what the directions said and thats what I had to do.
-Eddie

Old 09-10-2006, 06:08 PM
nunc6.0
New User
I heard that cats don't cause enough back pressure to even take them out. Anybody know for sure?

Old 09-10-2006, 10:55 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

I also have been wanting to do the 4" cat delete. I guess I need to call the 3 dealers up here and see what they say about the warranty. If all 3 say yes then I think I will cancel my extended warranty. I guess you could utilize the Magnom Moss act. Yea I know its not spelled right but anyway you could get a lawyer and make ford prove the exhaust or other aftermarket device caused the defect. But that just more money out of your pocket, which is why ford probley always say your warranty is voided because most people cannont afford to fight them in court.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:49 AM
pamelbert
Senior User
I believe you can take the stock down pipe out without cutting it, it just requires supporting the tranny so you can take off the crossmember off. It's just easier to cut it in two pieces, especially if your truck is not on a lift.