1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Clutch Bracket pic

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:12 PM
terrypen
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Bracket pic

Anyone got any pics of their clutch bracket on a 65 F100 with a 352 and NP435? Mine is flopping all over and don't remember how it was setup.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Don't have any pic's of the setup. If you do not have any Ford part supply catalogs, suggest going online. LMC, NPD, to name a couple. LMC has the search feature so more user friendly, to get to site with pic's, just type 'clutch bracket'. May want to order catalog for future references, believe the catalog is free. Like to keep few catalogs on hand for simular situation. Also, helpful in comparing prices, and at times find cheaper purchasing new that salvaging.

dave

Old 09-02-2006, 05:20 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by terrypen
Anyone got any pics of their clutch bracket on a 65 F100 with a 352 and NP435? Mine is flopping all over and don't remember how it was setup.
Don't limit yourself to a 352 NP setup. They all should look very simular in the 65-66 trucks. IMHO

John

Old 09-02-2006, 09:05 PM
terrypen
Senior User
Originally Posted by jowilker
Don't limit yourself to a 352 NP setup. They all should look very simular in the 65-66 trucks. IMHO

John
I thought that they might but wasn't sure.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:11 PM
terrypen
Senior User
Originally Posted by daveengelson
Don't have any pic's of the setup. If you do not have any Ford part supply catalogs, suggest going online. LMC, NPD, to name a couple. LMC has the search feature so more user friendly, to get to site with pic's, just type 'clutch bracket'. May want to order catalog for future references, believe the catalog is free. Like to keep few catalogs on hand for simular situation. Also, helpful in comparing prices, and at times find cheaper purchasing new that salvaging.

dave
Did a search on LMC for 'clutch bracket' and didn't see anything. Any help???
I'll look at the paper catalog...

Old 09-03-2006, 01:43 AM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Sorry about that. Couple of ways to take out some of the slack come to mind. Clutch adjustment rod. Another, bracket mounted to the frame is slotted and may be able to take out some of the slack by loosening bolt and shifting accordingly. Have a 302 where the clutch pivot is threaded directly into engine block. Found need to shim the bracket on frame to align and take out some of the slack. Do not have a spring setup, but have seen pic's where a spring is attached to the clutch bar and frame. If loosen clutch bracket, good time to grease felt washer and packing clutch bar before inserting the bushings. Some clutch bars have grease fittings.

dave

Old 09-03-2006, 11:05 AM
mater66
New User
I think I have the same thing goin on in my 66. The brake and the clutch pedels pivot on the same rod, when I press the clutch the brake pedal decends slightly. I think the bushing in that pivot point is shot because I saw pieces of it falling out. Looked like aluminum. I also had to weld the rod that drops into the floor it broke off at the top and thats when I noticed the bushing.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:29 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Resently disassembled brake peddle assembly on my 65 and found there is a thin plastic bushing that is inserted on each side of the shaft on peddle assemble with a washer and cotter key on each end. The thin plastic bushing appear same, or simular to the thin plastic bushing that secures the brake rod from master cylinder and attaching to brake petal assembly.

With respect to the clutch assembly, the pivot ball is attached to the bracket mounted on engine block, or in case of the 6 cylinder, in my case with the 302ci, is threaded directly into engine block. The shaft on the pivot has a felt washer, then a 'donut shaped' plastic bushing then a clip that holds the assembly together. The pivot on the bracket mounted to the frame should have the same felt washer, plastic bushing, and retaining clip. Suggest grease both ends of the 'clutch bar' then insert it onto the pivot on the engine, then insert pivot on bracket mounted to frame and with the slotted bolts holds adjust to align and take out as much slack as possible. Believe clutch mechanism pretty much same, or simular, with slight variations regardless of type tranny.

dave

Last edited by daveengelson; 09-03-2006 at 12:40 PM.