North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

NC Chapter Website

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:07 PM
artj66
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC Chapter Website

Hey guys...I've tried to contact a few people about setting up our website, but have had no luck at all with getting any response. So I did find a web hosting site (ixwebhosting.com), which will charge $3.95/ month for a 24 month service. This will include the domain name registration, 20G of disk space, up to 2,500 email accounts (so we can offer one to each new member), and we can list the website on the major search engines directly from the control panel. It also has the typical site information, which will allow us to monitor the number of visitors and such.
Let me know if you guys want to go this route or continue trying to get up with someone here at FTE. If we did it, assuming it's only the 7 members who showed up at the last meeting, this would add between $6-7 for the annual membership...which I was hoping to avoid because I'd prefer to offer more in the actual membership package. So give me your thoughts...

-AJ

Old 08-22-2006, 09:18 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent a PM

Old 08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
SCWIDVICIOUS
Elder User
would it be hosted on windows or linux?

I would recommend the linux side as its more stable and higer security options/

Last edited by SCWIDVICIOUS; 08-22-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:44 PM
SCWIDVICIOUS
Elder User
also, will there be a forum on there? I noticed in the control panel it has phpbb in it, but enevtually after it grows a bit VBulletin would be a better option as the admin panel. mods, hacks support, security, etc... is much better on vb.

also, the main page, what type of layout are you talking about? links gallery? coppermine gallery is great, not too hard to set up and also free!

there are many different questions I have, would be a lot easier on the telephone to talk about these details. I will PM you my cell number.,.

I have dreamweaver and am not afraid to use it....lol or possibly let someone else use it...

i know front page is ok and all as a web builder, but the extentions and files you have to have open make for a much less secure environment. would be ashamed to get the site all hacked up.

Last edited by SCWIDVICIOUS; 08-22-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:17 AM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
well art give me a call some time about the website you should have my number if not get it from somebody LOL