isntalling radio and speakers in a

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:56 PM
kilog55
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
isntalling radio and speakers in a

truck that doesnt have any, they were removed for some reason, it is a '79 f250, it has all the stock locations, but i couldnt find any wires in the dash.

now can i run a jumper to the battery and to an accessory switch and ground it out on the cab or firewall and run the speaker wires etc. like this or do i need to find a harness.

i have a alpine head unit its a CDA 9850 series and really like the fact it has a remote so i can sit on the TG and still control the volume and song selection without getting in the truck (im lazy)

what would you guys/gals suggest i do?

Old 08-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Nathane
Elder User
ANYTIME U RUN A LEAD FROM THE BATTERY, USE A FUSE!!!

but yeah, if it had the radio delete option, you're going to need to wire your own circuts in, and run speaker wires.

Do you have a hole in your doors for speakers, and wiring?

What I would do is run some 8awg wire from the positive terminal on your battery, into your dash (use a 20 amp fuse no more then 12" from the battery)

Run it to a distribuaion block (or somehow connect that one wire, to a pair of 12awg wires)

Run one of thoose 12awg wires to a lighted LED toggle, and use the other one for the memory wire.

consider this your trucks circutry, so use bullet connectors that you can sepperate, between your new circutry, and your radio.

Grounding the ground wire is easy... use a ring connecter on the end of that wire, and put it under a screw in your dash that you know is a good ground

then you just have your speaker wires to run...
~Nate

Old 08-20-2006, 03:29 PM
kilog55
Elder User
yeah it has the dash opening and door openings it was hack wired with solid wire instead of braided. but i also have to put a new antenna since the factory one was removed as well.

all i need to purchase is the wires, speakers, dist. box and fuses.