cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like good stuff. Hope I can get there early enough to get a goodie bag

Old 09-15-2006, 05:04 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll make up 30 packets. If 15 don't show up at the KC GTG I may have more for the South GTG.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Ozark Ford_1970
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by cookie88
Sounds like good stuff. Hope I can get there early enough to get a goodie bag
Scott,
What time is an early time to get there? How long is going to last? Is it going to start on the 23rd?

Larry

Old 09-15-2006, 10:51 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I was thinking noonish would be a good start time. The date is Saturday October 14th. We had talked about folks car pooling at one time so I need to change to the first 15 FTE members not the first 15 trucks. And if we get a slow turn out up in KC we may have more. Right now there are 14 votes on the south GTG and 7 on the KC GTG. So that is 21 and I'll have 30 packets. If we have more decide to come out we I can see about getting more dash plaques and items for more packets. But it looks like right now that should not be a problem. It will last till we are done. We need to get the location nailed down and then next week I'll drive down to check out places to have the GTG. If it's out side I can bring a grill. Then we'll just let folks bring what they want to cook on the grill. I'll know way more this time next week.

Old 09-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Ozark Ford_1970
Senior User
Originally Posted by HappyJack
I was thinking noonish would be a good start time. The date is Saturday October 14th. We had talked about folks car pooling at one time so I need to change to the first 15 FTE members not the first 15 trucks. And if we get a slow turn out up in KC we may have more. Right now there are 14 votes on the south GTG and 7 on the KC GTG. So that is 21 and I'll have 30 packets. If we have more decide to come out we I can see about getting more dash plaques and items for more packets. But it looks like right now that should not be a problem. It will last till we are done. We need to get the location nailed down and then next week I'll drive down to check out places to have the GTG. If it's out side I can bring a grill. Then we'll just let folks bring what they want to cook on the grill. I'll know way more this time next week.
Is it going to be overnight?
Larry

Old 09-16-2006, 04:06 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Its not too far from me, if they have it in Siloam Springs, but its on a Saturday. Thats Dialysis day for me. You guys have fun. I am hoping someone takes pics and does a write up about what happens.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:11 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Sorry to here that Brian. I do have a camera and planed to take pic's and post them on my web site.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:13 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Larry, I don't know. There are places to stay over at the locations on the poll. Folks sure can if they want to.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:49 AM
jimkidd
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ozark Ford_1970
Is it going to be overnight?
Larry
Maybe at your house.

jimbo

Old 09-18-2006, 04:56 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Looks like we'll have this at or near Siloam Springs, AR. I make some calls tomorrow and drive down there wednesday.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Ozark Ford_1970
Senior User
Question At my house?!

Originally Posted by jimkidd
Maybe at your house.

jimbo
The more the merrier...

Old 09-20-2006, 06:15 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Called Siloam springs. I was told there is nothing in the north part of the NF. But in the south part there is the Lake Weddington area. It has a pavilion for $50 for the day. A group camp ground $5 a day and $1 perperson. A cabin that sleeps 4 $70 a night.

Siloam Springs has a park. It is first come first serve but we can reserve the pavilion for $10 an hour.

I was also told just west of Siloam Springs (much closer than Lake Weddington) is Dripping Springs, OK. No info on this. I'll get more today when I drive down.

I was also given several restaurants that have rooms we can reserve if we want to have the meet inside. LaHerta, Calahans Steak House, and the City Coffee Company.

Post up what you think and I check in this afternoon. They have a Holiday Inn Express, and Super 8 so I should be able to conect down there.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:43 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
We (the Arkansas chapter) have done the $50 pavillion thing until we're blue in the face. How about we meet in the park in early afternoon, than descend on the steak house in the evening.......make a day of it.

Noon may be a bit early for a start time. Assuming that most of the people that show will come from with about a 4 hour drive radius, a later (2:00ish) start gives everybody time to get there without having to press to test.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:15 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I think the park will work well for this. It is called Bob Henry Park. It is new and has B-ball, tennis, and volleyball courts. Playground stuff for the youngins. Two parking areas. The pavilion is small and the roof is not large enough to offer much protection in bad weather. I don't think it is worth the $150 deposit and $10 an hour to rent it. If it is not reserved we may get to use it any way as it's first come. You can see it on the Map Quest link below. Best way to get there would be to go north off of Hwy 412 on N. Mt. Olive St. (it is also Hwy 43 and there is a signs on 412 both directions letting you know where it is) to W. Benton St. then west to the park. You would go through several trafic lights to a 4 way stop sign. A few blocks north of the 4 way is W. Benton St.

Calahans Steak House is a great place to eat. They have fresh loafs of bread they bring out with the salad. Pretty good size loafs too. Not full size but bigger than some places I have been. I had a 12 oz. sirloin, loaded baked potato and iced tea. Cost me $18 plus the tip I left. Other meals can be had for less and a few for even more $$'s. It is a great place to eat but they do not have a meeting room we can reserve. They do not take reservations on Saturday. Seems to me they would be busy enough on Saturday evening that they would not want a group in taking up space for a couple of hours. I would rate this first as a place to eat but last as a place for a group gathering. It is located just east of N. Mt. Olive St. (Hwy 43) on the south side of Hwy 412. There is no smoking permitted inside.

La Herta and the City Coffee Company (and Deli) are located very close together. They are in the Spring Creek Shopping Center on the east side of the Holiday Inn Express. La Herta is on the front close to the street. They have a large open area for dinning and said they could take care of a group and just asked if we could call first. No private room. No smoking in the building. City Coffee Company (and Deli) does have a private room that we can reserve. We can reserve it if we are sure we will use it. It is also first come during regular business hours if no one reserves it. No smoking inside at this location also.

It has been suggested that we meet at the park about 2:00 PM then go to the steak house for a meal after that. I don't think that would be a problem if we headed over to Calahans before 5:00.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...20%26%20Motels

Old 09-22-2006, 04:36 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Nice. Only a 3.5 hour drive for me.

I'm in, who else is coming?

Quick Reply: Multi State GTG