Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

swap meets

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 08:59 PM
black wolf
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swap meets

All right now i know i havnt posted in a while but i do lurk here from time to time without logging on but dose anyone go to these swap meets to buy and look at old cars and trucks? I like going around buying garden ornaments for my wife and stuff for my truck.My brother and i went to the one in Dearborn Mich. last week and all most bought a bull bar for 20 bucks american and i didnt get it cause the year of my truck was different and wont fit on.It was very sharp looking and near brand new. There is another one coming up in Bothwell ontario and i had a blast last year and was it ever big..you need at least two days just to shop and see all those nice machines on display so im looking forward of going again to bargain hunt for stuff and enjoy the great cars and trucks they have. I just only wish i could enter my 96 Ford Explorer for the fun of it. I entered my wife volkswagon New Beetle with the others to see if she can win a trophy or something but its her first show and she lost but next year she may win (MAYBE) but we both had fun doing it win or lose and she was tickeled over it

Old 07-25-2006, 09:08 PM
black wolf
Senior User
Originally Posted by black wolf
All right now i know i havnt posted in a while but i do lurk here from time to time without logging on but dose anyone go to these swap meets to buy and look at old cars and trucks? I like going around buying garden ornaments for my wife and stuff for my truck.My brother and i went to the one in Dearborn Mich. last week and all most bought a bull bar for 20 bucks american and i didnt get it cause the year of my truck was different and wont fit on.It was very sharp looking and near brand new. There is another one coming up in Bothwell ontario and i had a blast last year and was it ever big..you need at least two days just to shop and see all those nice machines on display so im looking forward of going again to bargain hunt for stuff and enjoy the great cars and trucks they have. I just only wish i could enter my 96 Ford Explorer for the fun of it. I entered my wife volkswagon New Beetle with the others to see if she can win a trophy or something but its her first show and she lost but next year she may win (MAYBE) but we both had fun doing it win or lose and she was tickeled over it
PS. the volkswagon meet was last sunday here in windsor at the Riverside sportsmans club

Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I try to go to as many swap meets as I can. Bothwell looks good but I haven't been to it yet. I do go to Barrie spring and fall, Waterdown Spring and fall, Ancaster, Sterling.
I enjoy the treasure hunting. I always find something I think I need?! The cars are great to because they are more down to earth. Indoor shows like the International Centre or CNE have mega buck cars that the average guy would never be able to afford or want to drive for that matter. Why chrome the bottom of your car? The vendors at these indoor shows carry the very best of everything but how many people can spend this kind of money.
Get out enjoy the weather and the grass roots of the hobby at outdoor shows and swapmeets. The people are great and you get to see a far greater variety of vehicles from prestine to junk. I have been toying with the idea of going to Carlisle PA but I don't think I could swing the time and money this year.
And....don't forget Arthur coming up real quick!

Frank

Old 08-10-2006, 08:28 PM
52merc
Senior User
I go to swapmeets regularly looking for parts for my '52. I am planning to go to Bothwell on Saturday.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:50 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Barrie in my opinion is the jewel for this area. I've heard that Bothwell is good as well. You can get through the Barrie show in one day while walking at a good pace. If you stop alot and enjoy chatting with some interesting folks it can easily be 2 days.
I would almost say that I prefer the swap meet over the show and shine events. The Arthur swap is alot smaller but its all Ford trucks so you definetly stop and chat it up with whoever is there.

later
TFC

Old 08-16-2006, 09:28 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
hey Jeff, will you be at Arthur both days ?

Old 08-17-2006, 02:34 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Yah we are going both days this year. Rather than head back into Guelph Tammy and I will tent it on site and take in the pig and corn roast to its full extent on Saturday night. I was gonna bring my old truck down but my float is full of parts for people so we'll be participating in the swap meet rather than the shine this year. I hope there are alot of 73-79 truck coming down. Are you bringing your old lad down to the show?

later
TFC

Old 08-17-2006, 09:28 PM
mblayton
More Turbo
fp5, is Arthur this coming weekend?

Old 08-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10-4.

Arthur is this Saturday and Sunday, August 19 & 20.
AL.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:11 PM
mblayton
More Turbo
Thanks for the info Al